Errors while installing on Ubuntu 11.04 64 bit

haxxor5

This isn't really the standard error that people recieve, I double checked that I have the lib32 files installed even though it shouldnt really have anything to do with this.

I start off by extracting the folder from the tar.gz download into a directory for this example we will use home. Afterwards I navigate to the folder by using the command

cd utorrent-server-v3_0

It then takes me to the directory and I use the command

./utserver

Afterwards it spits out a whole slew of errors listed below, but what stumps me is that I have done nothing but extract the utorrent-server-3_0 folder from the tar.gz. None of those files are actually missing from the directory and are all named exactly the same as well as being in the same location as when they were initially extracted. If anyone could offer me any pointers that would be terrific.

~/utorrent-server-v3_0$ ./utserver
server started - using locale en_US.UTF-8
Using locale en_US.UTF-8
File not found during integrity check: ./settings.dat
File not found during integrity check: ./settings.dat.new
File not found during integrity check: ./settings.dat.old
File not found during integrity check: ./settings.dat
File not found during integrity check: ./settings.dat.new
File not found during integrity check: ./settings.dat.old
total physical memory -1 max disk cache 33554432
File not found during integrity check: ./dht.dat
File not found during integrity check: ./dht.dat.new
File not found during integrity check: ./dht.dat.old
File not found during integrity check: ./rss.dat
File not found during integrity check: ./rss.dat.new
File not found during integrity check: ./rss.dat.old
TCP port bind failed 0.0.0.0:6881: (98) Address already in use
File not found during integrity check: ./resume.dat
File not found during integrity check: ./resume.dat.new
File not found during integrity check: ./resume.dat.old
IPv6 is installed

haxxor5,

Have you sorted the 'issues' you were perceiving? I ask this because, from the log output, it looks like the only problem that may have arisen is that some process has already bound a socket to port TCP 6881. I think that all of the other messages are to be expected on first invocation of the utserver daemon.

Perhaps you could reboot your system, open a terminal and check the output of sudo netstat -tlpn to see which processes, if any, may be causing a socket conflict.

...it spits out a whole slew of errors listed below, but what stumps me is that I have done nothing but extract the utorrent-server-3_0 folder from the tar.gz. None of those files are actually missing from the directory and are all named exactly the same as well as being in the same location as when they were initially extracted.

I note that there are no dat files included in the tar.gz. If they exist in the same directory as the utserver executable, however, you should see much reduced message output (i.e. no mention of dat files) when you next start the daemon.

Just out of interest, are you using the 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10 build?

Archived