Run Program After State Change Not Working Properly

muldja

Running uTorrent 2.2 Build 23071. (I know, not the latest and greatest build, but when I installed version 3.x it just kept crashing and would not start.)

I'm having a weird issue with my "Run program when a torrent state changes" option. If I manually pause/resume a torrent, everything works fine. When I first launch the application, everything works fine. The problem is when a torrent automatically changes from "downloading" to "seeding" that the issue arises. uTorrent isn't reading the state change, (as in nothing shows up in the Log section) which means it also doesn't run the job. If I kill uTorrent and restart it, then it registers all the state changes and launches the script properly.

This was working fine on my old computer. I just setup a new one and I'm getting this issue. I even reinstalled the operating system in hopes that the problem would dissappear, but the same thing happens. Running Windows 7 Pro x64. Any ideas as to what to look for?

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

I am using the latest 3.1 version and i also observed this behavior. When the torrent changes state from downloading to seeding the command that's setup at "Run this program when a torrent changes state:" doesn't get run. Indeed looks to me that this seeding state isn't handled correctly.

Seeding -> Queue Seeding state is NOT working

For me the state change from downloading to seeding works perfectly (in 3.1.1).

However there is another issue i am having. The issue is that when a torrent changes state from seeding to queue seeding, uTorrent sets the state to finished instead. This is a problem because I have a delete script that is supposed to delete the files when i reach my seeding goal. Now it instead deletes the files whenever i add a new torrent, which pushes the oldest torrent to "queue seeding". It might be that utorrent is going to the "finished" state for a brief moment before changing to "queue seeding" but I cant figure out how to work around this in my script.

Archived