Longtime download lost completed files?

PlantsAreNeat

I've been downloading a large torrent (136GB) over a period of months (few opportunities to hog the office bandwidth). I'm over half done, and the completed files for this download have just tonight lost their 100% done status in the files tab. They show 0% done. The files that were tagged 'normal' or 'high' priority and were actively downloading have kept their percentage and are continuing to download, and the completed files still exist on the hard drive, they just don't show as complete in uTorrent. Any suggestions on why this might have happened? Thanks!

Looking at some other posts on this forum that looked similar I forced a recheck on the torrent, and it found the files that have downloaded after the completed files disappeared, but not the ones from before then. The files are all still in their original locations, and are complete. I'd like to be able to seed them, but downloading them again will take SUCH a long time. Anyone have any ideas for me to try?

Ha - I had been downloading the files in groups, using priority changes to specify which ones to download next - this torrent is the entirety of a TV series, so almost two hundred episodes. I wanted to watch the ones that had come down before the whole torrent was done but that wouldn't be possible if the torrent was pulling pieces from all the eps at once. So I set most of them to 'don't download' and then managed the priority on the ten or so I had actively downloading at any one time. What I DIDN'T do was reset those back to normal priority before forcing a recheck. When I did that, it's checking now and finding my missing files. hooray!

Archived