Error: File Access denied.

davevdh

I have trouble with both U Torrent and Bit Torrent. When I start a torrent that I have saved, it only gets a small way in and I get a message stating Error: (Fille name) Access is denied. This occurs no matter twhere I get the torrent from or where I save it to.

Please help. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both progams and this has not helped any.

I am having the same issue. I am the administrator (only user on this PC). I checked the settings and I seem to have full control. I'm using Vist HP 32. I hace used this program on another computer with no issues. Any advice would be appreciated.

just to check something here, does the file regain access after a delay? i find some antivirus locks me (and all other processes) out of a file until it's scanned, and that can include files already in use.

and yes, even if you are the only user of a computer doesn't necessarily mean you are running as a user with all permissions. also if a program like μtorrent was installed from a specific user's account, that can restrict the programs access too.

No, I have left it for over 30 mins and it does not start up again. I can manually start it and it will go again for a short time and stop with the same eror. Just to be clear, I have been using uTorrent for over 18 months regularly and have never had an issue. This has only just arisen and I haven't changed any settings anywhere.

The account I use is the only account on this pc. I right-clicked on all the folders I use and the security tab has "Full Access" box ticked for Admin and my user account.

so when you log in on boot, you only see your user account, not the admin login too? y'kno if you've never logged in as admin and set a password then you're extra vulnerable to being cracked (actually the cracking would be completely unnecessary, anything could login legitimately). still i've not got any further clues.. if you have no other problems it's unlikely you've been hacked anyway. or at least this is unlikely to be a result of that. i dunno, dreadwingknight, you've got davevdh's ip, why don't you pop in and see? (joke)

hmmm, anything else... what are you using to save the .torrent files, straight from your browser i'd presume? i'm still orbiting the possibility that your browser may be running with different access priviledges. i heard someone did that to get round antivirus problems, crazy fools. anyway, maybe time to learn more about logins on your gargantuan calculator.

I've managed to work around it by routing everything to my external hard drive, so it seems the issue is one of permissions. not sure how this suddenly became an issue, but I guess it is beyond the scope of this forum and therefor no longer relevant. Thanks for your help.

Dave

Archived