utorrent 3.1 alpha crash on file relocate.

gaisundar

I am new to utorrent as well this forum, just got the alpha version and put my hands on a torrent to download, to my surprise opps. it crashed when i selected around 50+ files and right clicked to relocate.

I am having utorrent 3.1 alpha (build 25760) over windows vista......

Let me know if it is already fixed....

-sundar

okay sorry if this is like a double post but wasnt sure if the other play i put it in I wouldnt get any help. probably would of but this is like really bother me grrr lol

okay so this is my dump file. It never would let me sent it to u guys. Can someone look it over for me. I read that it could be malware if someone can look at it and tell I can fix it maybe but if it something else u know. Anyways heres the file and i hope it helps. I have about 4 more bc it keep crashing on me so if anyone does know how to help i can send the others if need be.

Thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?bjzca4b1m59swl6

For me it does not look like malware as i have malware deduction turned on as well have anti virus and malware protection with daily update and scan. It looks to be a real bug to fix.

a) I had one more trouble not sure anyone would have tried this .......

Just moved the downloaded files from the download folder to another folder manually .....i did it without knowing the consequences.... When utorrent was launched again it said checking for files and recovering and it moved the bar till 58% and stopped(since files were moved). I thought closing and utorrent and moving back the files to the same folder and opening utorrent would solve the problem but no help..... lost lot of blocks almost half of them in the files tab. Has any one tried this ever..... or its a wizard error to recover all blocks?

can anyone help me on this ?

-sundar

I have also had that problem recently on 3.0 i believe and i understand what ur talking about bc it does suck i had to re download a couple of big files for moving all of it. But i was hoping it was something that the guys here at utorrent is working on to make better is the file relocating and the checks. Because there is sometimes i download a torrent and i forget to put it in the right folder and from its a hassle to get it back seeding again. So idk Sundar maybe in a couple of hours or day or so someone will help us out.

-Dustin

Archived