Wrong "Added/Completed On" Dates

netvope

µTorrent 3.0 (build 25806) [32-bit]

Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit

My µTorrent shows incorrect "Added On" and "Completed On" dates for torrents added in/after September 2011. Apparently the date shown is 50 days later than the actual date. Torrents added at 6:40 PM 10/19/2011 (system time) has the "Added On" date shown as 11:40 AM 12/8/2011. My time zone is UTC-5, but that doesn't explain the -7 (or +15) hours difference.

I have set "gui.use_fuzzy_dates" to false in order to see the full date.

Restarting µTorrect doesn't correct the error.

Torrents added before September seem to have correct dates. I might have upgraded to (an earlier build of) version 3.0 at the beginning of September, which might have triggered the error.

PS: The sticky says upgrade to the latest beta before posting, but there (http://www.utorrent.com/downloads) isn't any at this moment; and I'd prefer not to try the alpha version, which is even older than the stable version and presumably doesn't contain any bug fixes the stable version doesn't have.

It's worsening...

I upgraded to the latest build 25806 yesterday (before posting the bug report). The torrents I added today (10/21/2011) is shown as being added on 1/29/2012... Now it's about 100 days in the future...

This makes me feel that the next time I upgrade µTorrent, the dates will be off by 150 days...

Any hope this can be fixed?

Note: The system clock is still correct. Modification dates of the files downloaded by µTorrent are correct as well.

The "Added On" date for the torrent I added today is 10/25/2011, which is correct!

That's good, but sorting by date doesn't work any more... I have 20-30 torrents "newer" than the one I added today... because they still have wrong dates...

A picture's worth 1K words: http://goo.gl/qvHv3

Yesterday I let Windows Update installed SP1 and a lot of updates... Any idea why it may correct µTorrent's "Added On" time?

Do you know exactly which system call µTorrent use to get date and time? Or perhaps it gets the time from the network? The date and time displayed in the system clock and file modification dates have been correct all the time.

Is there any easy way to fix the wrong dates?

• 3 months later...
Okay, it's good to know 3.1 fixed it for you. :)

I just updated to 3.1.2 (26753) today and this problem is now occurring for me

With Fuzzy Dates it shows a number of the torrents as added and completed "less than a minute ago"

while turning off fuzzy dates shows these particular torrents added in the future by almost two full months.

I sort by 'completed on' at all times and now there is a block of these above the torrents I actually added today.

Sorry left out:

Win 7 pro 64bit

Updates are all done

Okay' date=' it's good to know 3.1 fixed it for you. :)[/quote']

With Fuzzy Dates it shows a number of the torrents as added and completed "less than a minute ago"

while turning off fuzzy dates shows these particular torrents added in the future by almost two full months.

I sort by 'completed on' at all times and now there is a block of these above the torrents I actually added today.

Sorry left out:

Win 7 pro 64bit

Updates are all done

Do you also have a very long Windows uptime?

I see similar problem too. Dates on latest torrents are set far in the future (several months)... It makes big mess now. :(

And it looks like there is some correlation between Windows uptime and this bug. But it's not linear though. After noticing the problem, I've rebooted computer running torrents and, since that, it adds new torrents at proper time - I watch that very closely now... But before that reboot - computer had a big uptime.

Is there any way to list torrents in order I've added them into DB? (using some kind of index or something similar) It'd help to mitigate the problem with incorrect dates.

I have the same problem.

It happens after long uptimes. The last uptime I had before restarting yesterday was about 120 days. But the torrents are listed as added about 1,5month in the future. Really added about the 25.02 before the restart yesterday, but now it says it was added the 15.04. THe ones I add know is correctly listed according to todays date, but this happened before. And after the restart, after a long uptime, the dates change.

For example I added a torrent before restarting, but didnt start it before today. So now it says added on 15.04.2012, but at the same time, it says completed on 28.02 (correct date in Norway at the time of posting this.)

Okay' date=' it's good to know 3.1 fixed it for you. :)[/quote']

Sorry left out:

Win 7 pro 64bit

Updates are all done

Do you also have a very long Windows uptime?

I think the last reboot (before today) was about 3 weeks ago.

After the last interim update (26773) there have been no new occurrences of the problem, but the torrents with the issue are still messed up

• 4 months later...

This problem still exists with 3.1.3.

I had my computer on for about 6 months. When I rebooted, I noticed that many of my torrents were added with a time in the future.

Let me know if you need more information.

This is very inconvenient. It'd be nice if there was a way to change them.

• 1 month later...

I have just experienced the same problem on 3.2. I also had a very long uptime (probably close to 150 days), and the problem happened after a restart. I think I'm on the latest release version so I guess it hasn't been fixed yet.

I wrote a script that will correct the dates in uTorrent's resume.dat file. It worked very well for me. Is anyone else interested in it?

As I think about it further, it's possible that I rebooted while on an older version, and then upgraded to 3.2 after the reboot. That may be why my times were off (but they will definitely still incorrect).

In writing the script, I noticed that the times are stored as unix timestamps. Were they previously stored differently (as offsets from a stored tickcount or something)? I ended up using the file creation and modification times of the torrented files to determine likely added/completion dates for the entries in resume.dat.

• 1 month later...

This is happening to me again.

I have 93 days uptime and my utorrent is showing dates of 12/04/2012

Let me know if there is anything I can do to be of help.

I don't plan on rebooting anytime soon, so if there is somesort of debugging I can help with let me know.

Archived