unsupported torrent size (2.0 TB)

WGH

I downloaded a bittorrent file, and uTorrent is unable to open it. It shows me the following message:

[Window Title]
µTorrent

[Main Instruction]
Unable to load "Touhou lossless music collection v.12.torrent": unsupported torrent size (2.0 TB)!

[OK]

Although it says 2 TB, it's just a little bit larger than 1 TB.

I know that some clients can open it. But I can't be sure if it's uTorrent limitation (artificial limit just to be safe) or the torrent file actually violates the standard.

Could you verify that?

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=255825

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm getting hit by this on just 128MB. Please fix this. Large torrents need to have larger piece sizes! There shouldn't be a limit on the piece size.

We don't support piece sizes larger than about 32MB. There are no plans to change this. Larger piece sizes offer no benefits and many drawbacks.

I'm getting hit by this on just 128MB. Please fix this. Large torrents need to have larger piece sizes! There shouldn't be a limit on the piece size.

We don't support piece sizes larger than about 32MB. There are no plans to change this. Larger piece sizes offer no benefits and many drawbacks.

The torrent in question has piece size of only 4 MiB, by the way.

The torrent in question has piece size of only 4 MiB' date=' by the way.[/quote']

I know. :) I was responding to his concern directly.

There's a limit on how many pieces we'll load. I think it's 131k.

I'm not sure how trivial it is to increase this limit. I'll go find out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I registered only to confirm the bug and - really, it's almost 3 months, and no interest for the thread at least info that devs are aware of the problem, but it won't be fixed soon, because for example it's too hard to fix and there are other priorities :X? I stopped using uTorrent solely because of this problem, which kinda sux since I always liked it :/.

• 4 weeks later...

The torrent in question has piece size of only 4 MiB' date=' by the way.[/quote']

I know. :) I was responding to his concern directly.

There's a limit on how many pieces we'll load. I think it's 131k.

I'm not sure how trivial it is to increase this limit. I'll go find out.

So. It's been a LONG time since you said you'd "go find out"

But here we are, With utorrent, A program that we love, And it's a FAILURE when it comes to ADDING a torrent file containing more that 1tb of ToBeDownloaded data.

Come the f**k on, This is Bullocks!, An inability to support more than 131k peices in a torrent?!

I cant even say that:

"I want This file inside This torrent"

"ERROR TORRENT HAS TOO MANY PEICES, CANNOT ADD TORRENT"

"i only want these files in this torrent, That'll make it WAY less that 131k peices"

"ERROR CANNOT DO THAT, TORRENT FILE TOO BIG"

"oookay But can i atleast add it to the list of torrents so i can LOOK at it?

"ERROR FILE TOO BIG, CANNOT DO THAT"

"Hey, Utorrent WTF program.... Your saying that you cant f**king SHOW ME a torrent file if it--"

"IT HAS MORE THAN 131K PEICES, YA, NO, CANT DO THAT. SUCKS TO BE YOU, USING ME"

"So... Your not going to fix this..."

"One sec i'll go find out how hard it'll be to fix"

"k"

"........................."

"And?"

"New update for utorrent! so that you ca-------ERROR FILE TO LARGE"

Cant add to list

Cant look at torrent

Cant select individual peices to ignore

Cant do f**k s**t anything about it on our end,

Utorrent CANNOT communicate with a torrent that has more than 131k peices.

Seriously, I only have this problem Because im trying to use utorrent.

Transmission works just fine

And so does Vuze.

But THAT is a problem, Fix this BullCrap already!! I WANT to use uTorrent, But the program itself is Failing on me.

Please. It should not be that bloody hard to Raise a limit of the #of peices.

And if it is, Give us the ability to TRIM OUT PEICES SO THAT IT BECOMES <131K!!!!!!!

And if you cant, Then make it so that uTorrent can Split a torrent FILE, that way, I can still download a 9999999999TB file, .99TB at a time.

C'mon! This is just Stupid! Months to almost a year have passed since the first >131k peice torrent, And yet uTorrent Blatently Cannot interact with them.

Bullocks.

Pure Bullshit.

I too am getting the same error on a recently created torrent. The torrent in question addresses a single DVD ISO file of 3.99 GBs in size and the total physical (disk space) used by torrent size is 40.3 kb. I used a program called Quick Torrent Maker branded for GayTorrent.RU and SexTorrents.RU to create the torrent (a program I have used more than 100 times in the past without incident). IOW, I know how to use it and am doing nothing differently than I have for over two years now.

The specific error message I am getting whilst similar is a bit different in that it states:

Unable to load ".Falcon.FVP121.French.Connections.2.Conquest.1999.DVD.ISO.torrent": unsupported file size (-2 B)!

IOW, it is saying the file size is less than or a negative 2 bytes? Or am I reading this error wrong?

Archived