unsupported torrent size (2.0 TB)

WGH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's saying the torrent size is -2 bytes. Strange.

Can you send us the torrent file?

Sure I can .. How do I go about attaching a file to my (future) replies, if any, though?

In the interim, I have uploaded a copy of the offending torrent (which I redownloaded from GayTorrent.RU in my 'My Torrents' section in an effort to get it loaded with the same error message) is stored as/at:

http://home.comcast.net/~agm.scans.69/.Falcon.FVP121.French.Connections.2.Conquest.1999.DVD.ISO.torrent

HTH ...

"length = -1" in the torrent

Short version: the torrent maker bugged.

I do believe you are correct, DreadWingKnight. Tech geeks on my torrent tracker site chat forum concur that the problem apparently lies within the QTM QuickTorrentMaker v1.3 program and NOT within uTorrent (any flavor) client. I was able to use uTorrent to manually create a torrent, then upload and redownload from my torrent tracker site and load and seed it with others today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has the problem been solved, or what version are you running?

I have been using Utorrent since Ver 1.x and have not had any problems with my downloads.

Edit: that torrent says it's 2.1 TB in size though it is @ 1.09TB there is something wrong with that Torrent. Even @ 1TB that is a ridicules torrent size and should of been cut into multiple parts. Even at my quota rate it would take 6 months to download.

The bottom line should be that uTorrent should allow you to *load* any torrent with *any* file sizes inside. It is what you select after that - that is important and may be a limitation depending on your HD size.

Anti-DOS maybe. 16TB sounds fine.

wut ?

denial of service (DoS) attack or system (DOS)...

both do not matter in this case :lol:

@ MAGNETRON - it didn't matter that you didn't have that much space on your HDD, others can have it or they simply want to download some files in torrent, not all... or you have slow ISP, others can have faster ISPs and they will download torrent in the blink of an eye :P

what matters is that µTorrent have restrictions when adding torrent, which it shouldn't have like other programs for downloading torrent

Archived