version `OPENSSL_0.9.8' not found

andrade.bga

Hi,

I`ve just installed a fresh ubuntu 11.10 (32bits) and im kinda noob in linux, so be somewhat gentle, :rolleyes:!

i downloaded utorrent-server-3.0-25053.tar.gz and extracted to a folder.

i tried to run ./utserver in the extracted folder and got the error:

error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

it seems that the library has been updated and in the /usr/lib directory there is a link to /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0

so i created the following links:

sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8

sudo ln -s /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8

now when i run ./utserver i get:

./utserver: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: version `OPENSSL_0.9.8' not found (required by ./utserver)

./utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: version `OPENSSL_0.9.8' not found (required by ./utserver)

Now im stuck! I downloaded libssl 0.9.8 and my next move would be to install it, but can it co exist with libssl 1.0.0? Im afraid to make a mess on the system! :D like i said, im kinda noob...

thanks in advance!!

Hi andrade.bga,

If you are able to find the 0.9.8 openssl package in Synaptic then you should be able to test marking it to see if it will allow both installed simultaneously.

This question may be better answered via ubuntuforums. But if they are separate library files I would expect that it would be fine.

-crlorentzen

Hi andrade.bga,

If you are able to find the 0.9.8 openssl package in Synaptic then you should be able to test marking it to see if it will allow both installed simultaneously.

This question may be better answered via ubuntuforums. But if they are separate library files I would expect that it would be fine.

-crlorentzen

Hi crlorentzen,

I found the 0.9.8 openssl package and installed it.

Now everything is working!

Thank you!

Archived