μTorrent 3.x and its predecessors

yakitatefreak

So I manage to check the task manager and somehow μTorrent takes up about 12000K+ private sector of memory (and another x K RAM for VirusGuard, depending on the time which is running). I'm just curious, but this is comparable to the start of launching my web browser, divided by three. Does reducing the footprint of the file created have extremely negative ramifications?

On another note, but the same topic: Since the name implies that this is running very minimally with maximum function, does this mean that μTorrent has bloated up in the trend of Moore's Law (sad, but this appears to be somewhat confirmed by Wikipedia)? Question continued...

And the data from 2005-2008 seems to confirm the quadruple rule every 3 years, or double rule every 18 months. And the size seems to grow upon entering into 2011. When I checked the latest beta install size, it was 638 kilobytes for 3.0.1b and >700 kilobytes for 3.1b. Although this is less than that of Moore's Law, it seems to be approaching 1 megabyte. Does this data for install file growth concern any of the developers?

Archived