iDigi

Dear all,

In v1.5 I noticed that you cannot setup the actual torrent file to be moved

into the bin automatically after opening (as in older versions) anymore? At

least I could not find it in prefs either - do I miss something here or is that

feature simply gone?

Secondly, after downloading a torrent I always get another _add new torrent_

window, where I have to click ok every time to start downloading - can I get

rid of that via one of the settings to automate this task?

Lastly: I do like the _move finished file to_ function, which is quite handy.

Nonetheless, I re-installed an older version as I find the above exhausting.

Any help to point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks for your time in advance. Cheers.

Frank

I just came here to ask exactly the same question! I hope we can figure this out, because I really prefer the behavior of having my client delete a .torrent file once it's in use...in fact it's kind of critical to how I tend to keep track of what I've already downloaded. Since this change, it's not only annoying that I have to kill the .torrent files manually, it's also causing me to download some things twice because I'm getting confused.

New tweaks to the Preferences user interface are fine, but they should NEVER remove functionality that uTorrent previously had. :(

We'll look at adding the global .torrent trashing functionality back. It's amusing to hear that trashing it yourself is "exhausting". We certainly don't want that.

The current version has added a lot of powerful tools to manage your .torrents and downloaded files. If you look in the directories section of Preferences, you can even see the "delete loaded .torrents" option for auto-loaded torrents.

We'll look at adding the global .torrent trashing functionality back. It's amusing to hear that trashing it yourself is "exhausting". We certainly don't want that.

The current version has added a lot of powerful tools to manage your .torrents and downloaded files. If you look in the directories section of Preferences, you can even see the "delete loaded .torrents" option for auto-loaded torrents.

LOL yeah I can see how that sounded silly, what I should have said is that because this interrupted a user behavior pattern that I've been used to for a long time, I've accidentally deleted and/or accidentally double or triple downloaded the same things over and over lately because this feature went away. That, while mostly due to my own silliness, has been "exhausting." Mostly because I can't seem to remember that I can't do what I'm used to doing any more.

The thing is, I was really happy with my old use case (as weird as it might be) and don't see why that feature can't stay...so I'd really appreciate it if non-auto-loaded .torrent files could still be trashed. Just move that checkbox out and don't make it limited to just auto-loading, but rather a global option for everyone (restoring the functionality that was there before).

Please? BTW, in case it's not implied, THANK YOU for the awesome client and all the work that goes into maintaining it!

With sugar on top. :D

Problem is that you've accustomed us to have the .torrent file trashed automatically for all these year and now you've taken it away fro no good reason. And yes, it is a timesaver and it keeps you sane and you don't download same thing twice ;).

Thanks! Can't wait to have that functionalist back!

Archived