file size downloaded is smaller than selected size....why?

jusjus

Please help..... i was cross checking the sizes of the files i was seeding after downloads, i enabled the "selected size" and the "downloaded" column in utorrent just to check if everything was ok. i then realised one of the files i downloaded was 81.7mb in size but the final download size was 75.5mb and download was already complete. i don't understand this...is it a fault or it couldnt download properly? someone please explain this to me...thank you.

PS......i selected the entire folder, i DID NOT DESELECT some of its content. Thank you!!!

okay...thank u for taking the time to reply. i'm just kind of new to this....i've read the FAQs but i still need some more explanation.... why is my completed download (75.5mb) smaller than the intended file (81.7mb)? Does it mean what i've downloaded is incomplete or corrupted? Thank you.

thank u... "Info tab - Wasted value" i already read about it but like i said...i'm new here, and i would appreciated it if you could make me understand it more by coming down to my level...really dont know much about all these. i've read similar treads and posts, but i just want to know if my completed download (75.5mb) being smaller than the actual file size (81.7mb) doesnt mean my file is incomplete or corrupted. . counting on your reply, thank u!!!!

Downloaded displays the total amount of data you have downloaded, including those that were wasted or failed the hash checks.

Selected Size shows only the size of the torrent contents you have selected for µTorrent to download. The size of all pieces belonging to skipped files that also pass the checks will also be taken into account and added in this column.

thanks again...so what happens if the DOWNLOADED SIZE is SMALLER than the SELECTED SIZE? i thought the DOWNLOADED SIZE should at least be equal to the SELECTED SIZE. Because i know there is a difference between the SIZE (which takes everything into account) and that SELECTED SIZE (which depicts the size of only the files you've selected). So then again, what happens if the DOWNLOADED SIZE is SMALLER than the SELECTED SIZE? thanks once again!!!

• 2 months later...
Downloaded displays the total amount of data you have downloaded, including those that were wasted or failed the hash checks.

Selected Size shows only the size of the torrent contents you have selected for µTorrent to download. The size of all pieces belonging to skipped files that also pass the checks will also be taken into account and added in this column.

so why this hashfails happens..??? i dont know about this damn fucking problem..my lot of data gets wasted.....

Archived