uTorrent's problems in creating/uploading/downloading large transfers

timotv

uTorrent's 3.0 problems in creating/uploading/downloading large transfers

Large transfer should be understood as transfer of more than 30 Gb size with the number of files no less than 10 000, or transfer with the .torrent file size of a few MB and more, notably larger than 2 MB, provided that while its creating a block size was assigned of at least 8 MB.

Example of transfer:

Topographic maps from maps.ggc.ru [png 4096x4096]

Malfunctions of uTorrent 3.0

1.1. Slows down and hangs while adding large torrent-files (more than 2 MB). A torrent-file with the size of 10 MB is being added within 10-30 min depending on CPU, i.e. if uTorrent is already run and is distributing, it is better not to restart it, because at every start it is necessary to wait the same amount of time until the torrent appears in the list.

1.2. Slows down and hangs while creating large torrent-files (more than 2 MB). A torrent-file with the size of 10 MB is being created within 3-5 hours depending on CPU. App. 200 GB weigh transfer has such a torrent-file, with the number of files of 90 000 and block size of 8 MB (a parameter, required before the creating a torrent-file). Hashing takes the same amount of time.

Other bugs of uTorrent 3.0, not connected with transfer size

2.1 Having created a torrent-file, you should see the following:

thumb2fb.jpg

But sometimes it happens like this

thumbwes.jpg

This problem was fixed:

We fixed this in a recent 3.1 build. You should see it coming your way in 3.1 in the next day or two. Let us know if you see this problem again. [15 Nov 2011 04:05:18 - local time]
- https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=108574

2.2 can hangs without any reason during 2-5 minutes, or can slow down while using CPU in full, as a result you have to delete the process from the memory.

2.3 Errors: “The Data is Invalid”, “disc overloaded 100%”

An error “The Data is Invalid” appears while optional downloading of files/folders from transfer.

Error: The Data is Invalid

Problem with partial downloads

It is written that the problem was solved in June in the version 3.0.0.25345. Personally, I have never come across such a problem, that is why I can’t say anything.

An error “Disc overloaded 100%”.

GOOGLE gives countless numbers of chats concerning this problem

One of the latest topics:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=618618

Personally, I have never come across such a problem, that is why I can’t say anything.

But according to the information I have read, including the topic from the last link, in all the cases the problem is connected only with uTorrent (the exception might be when there is a problem with HDD ).

That’s why I decided to give up whole 3.x series.

Nowadays there are only 5 builds of uTorrent, which have the fewest number of problems while working with: uTorrent 1.8.2 (build 15357), 1.8.5 (build 17414), 2.0.4 build 22967 and 2.2.1 (build 25130 and build 25302).

They don’t have the problems mentioned above. Item 2.3 is not the exception, because on the forums I have never found information that listed versions have any errors such as “Invalid data”, or “Disc overloaded 100%”.

I was using 1.8.2 version continuously from 12.11.2011 till 17.11.2011 and five times noticed that it stopped all transfers completely when an external IP-address was changed by a provider. I was obliged to restart it in order transfers to go on. My external IP address is dynamic, changed once a day, usually in the morning. The 3.0, 2.2.1, 2.0.4, 1.8.5 versions don't have such a problem.

15.11.2011 16:52 The client was started. At 16:53 the first transfer started.

2:00 I went to bed

16.11.2011 11:00 I woke up and saw that uTorrent 1.8.2 stopped transfers again.

How is it connected with the fact that the external IP-address was changed? Before I went to bed, there was one IP address, but when I woke up there was another one.

I understand that it is nonsense, but the task now is to localize the problem, and now everything shows that it is a problem of 1.8.2 version.

I have been using 2.2.1 build 25302 since 19.11.2011 14:00 (MSK). I am going to use this version for a while. But in case of any first serious bugs I will be looking for other clients, because there are no healthy versions among uTorrent (except those mentioned before).

Where is it possible to see changes history for 2.0.4.22967 and 2.2.1.25302 ? I haven’t found it here.

_________

Original post in russian:

https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=108738

• 2 years later...

Archived