uTorrent 1.5.11 for Mac stops torrent every 10 minutes

Partok

Hey Everybody,

I'm on an iMac using OSX 10.6.8. uTorrent 1.5.11. It stops download every 10 minutes with this error:

"Too many open files". And yet I am only downloading one thing. It's not a memory issue as my mac has 8gb of ram. And over half of a 1tb hardrive free.

The strange thing is it's never done this before. It's not my connection, as I have no issues watching videos with 'skipping'.

I did search here for "Too many open files" and nothing seemed to match whats happening to me. Sorry if I overlooked anything.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance, Partok

How many files in the torrent?

How many peer connections are you trying to maintain at once?

Hi, Under "Connections:" I have "Global limit" @ 50 and "Per torrent limit:" @ 20. But have had it set higher and lower to test if that was the issue. No luck.

I do not know how to check for "How many files in torrent". I have looked at the Files tab and saw 5 individual files in this torrent and 4 or 5 folders as well on that tab. But can see no overall file count there. FYI- I was downloading the new X-Plane 10 demo. (approx. 3.3gb) - Partok

Looks like it's "Too many".

Could you be more explicit ?

I've just set

Global Limit 10

Per torrent limit: 10

.. still getting the error

Hi, I too have mine set below the alleged default of "(Global Limit 200, Per torrent limit: 50)". Mine is set at 50 and 20 respectively and have tested other numbers high and low and STILL have the error.

Hi, I too have mine set

Archived