Linux + RSS Feeds?

norgaard

Hello,

[Firstly, I've noticed a general tendency on this board to bite at anyone asking questions others think have obvious answers (despite sub-optimal quality documentation), but I'm still going to venture out with a question, and please ask people to leave the rudeness at the door.]

I've downloaded uTorrent because a lot of people recommend it when using RSS feeds to control downloads, but it seems that this feature doesn't actually exist in a usable manner?

The documentation says: "The web UI doesn't provide control of RSS actions supported by the server"

How is this then controlled? I looked at the file "rss.dat", which contains:

"d10:.fileguard40:04C01C2E0DEDCB42AE570AC52C4B95989B1C70A66:d_feedle5:feedsle7:filtersle7:historylee"

and I cannot see how to parse this and extend with a new feed and filtering.

I tried to use the OSX version to set up feeds, and copy the resulting "rss.dat" file to Linux, but this doesn't appear to work.

Optional: Is there any way to use the OSX version to control the Linux installation?

Any help is appreciated, since this appears to be something others enjoy.

Hi norgaard,

I have had success managing RSS Feeds via the built in manager in the current webui build located in the web API forum.

Grab the current release of the webui.zip here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58156 Then simply replace it on your Linux host. THe about pages don't show the Linux uTorrent build but that is only miner.

-crlorentzen

Archived