utorrent disabling internet?

cld5172001

hello all, i'm new here.

i was wondering if anybody else is experiencing this, when downloading torrent from, lets say btjunkie, the download starts but soon after the internet connection is totally lost. sometimes i have to re enable one of Ethernet jacks, go through trouble shooting etc.

i cant say that it always happens, but it does happen more often than not. i was thinking perhaps it is an issue with one of the trackers (although i do delete those of which that are known to host malware), i have even went down to just one tracker out of say 10, same result.

i am now thinking that maybe it was the result of a windows 7 update, i have no idea i'm just guessing. Or perhaps something to do with internet policing of some sort,

btw i have been using utorrent for at least 3 years, never had this issue, i'm using eset smart security (but this problem was occurring already) i have dual core pentium d (had this for a while as well) and it is Windows 7 ultimate

anybody experiencing these issues, thoughts, comments?

thanks to all

I'm new to uTorrent but a possibility might be a DOS attack when you announce your computer by using a torrent program: If I ever turn off Protocol Encryption within a matter of moments my router gets flooded to essentially uselessness until five or so minutes after I stop uTorrent and reboot the router or at least change the open UPnP'ed incomming connection port. With forced protocol encryption I'm fine. FWIW I'm on Win 7 64-bit with the latest updates.

I understand your response. And I understand that would be the default response. However, that seems to be for speed issues in utorrent itself. I don't have speed issues in the software. Ever since installing my internet is just crap. I literally close utorrent, and my internet works perfectly and fast as supposed to.

my apologies....

i have tried the suggestions...the light is green until the internet connection completely shuts down, its not just in utorrent, it is actually internet connection. the first thing that happens is i get a yellow exclamation point in the icon that shows the internet connection on my desk yop tool bar, short after it is a red x.

i have run the test in utorrent and it sets everything up but the issue remains.

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to

i have done nothing there

windows 7 ult is my operating system, eset smart security for protection, mi424 wr by actiontec from verizon fios is the router, speed outbound 24.54 and 30.33 for inbound..

please remember the only time i am having an issue downloading torrents, other than that my internet works just fine. its not even all torrents, for instance the other dau a 1957 movie downloaded with no problem, went to download something else today and the issue reared its head once again (actually all 3 times i tried to download a different torrent for the same product)

heres a hijack log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4

Scan saved at 7:10:32 PM, on 12/4/2011

Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v9.00 (9.00.8112.16421)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Motorola\MotoHelper\MotoHelperAgent.exe

C:\Program Files\Startup defender\StartupDefender.exe

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe

C:\Program Files\SRWare Iron\iron.exe

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe

C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10w_ActiveX.exe

C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe

C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\QC987IUE\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;192.168.*.*

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: uTorrentBar Toolbar - {bf7380fa-e3b4-4db2-af3e-9d8783a45bfc} - C:\Program Files\uTorrentBar\prxtbuTor.dll

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll

O2 - BHO: Conduit Engine - {30F9B915-B755-4826-820B-08FBA6BD249D} - C:\Program Files\ConduitEngine\prxConduitEngine.dll

O2 - BHO: Increase performance and video formats for your HTML5 <video> - {326E768D-4182-46FD-9C16-1449A49795F4} - C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Plus Web Player\ie\DivXHTML5\DivXHTML5.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL

O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL

O2 - BHO: uTorrentBar - {bf7380fa-e3b4-4db2-af3e-9d8783a45bfc} - C:\Program Files\uTorrentBar\prxtbuTor.dll

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: uTorrentBar Toolbar - {bf7380fa-e3b4-4db2-af3e-9d8783a45bfc} - C:\Program Files\uTorrentBar\prxtbuTor.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Conduit Engine - {30F9B915-B755-4826-820B-08FBA6BD249D} - C:\Program Files\ConduitEngine\prxConduitEngine.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [startup Defender] C:\Program Files\Startup defender\startupdefender.exe -silent

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (reboot)] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /runcleanupscript

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [egui] "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\egui.exe" /hide /waitservice

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Akamai NetSession Interface] C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Free YouTube to MP3 Converter - C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\DVDVideoSoftIEHelpers\freeyoutubetomp3converter.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: Se&nd to OneNote - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll/105

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Se&nd to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll

O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics

O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807573E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSOXMLMF.DLL

O23 - Service: Adobe Acrobat Update Service (AdobeARMservice) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe

O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility - AMD - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exe

O23 - Service: EPSON V3 Service4(01) (EPSON_PM_RPCV4_01) - SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION - C:\ProgramData\EPSON\EPW!3 SSRP\E_S40RP7.EXE

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: KMService - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\srvany.exe

O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

O23 - Service: MotoHelper Service (MotoHelper) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Motorola\MotoHelper\MotoHelperService.exe

O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe

O23 - Service: Protexis Licensing V2 (PSI_SVC_2) - Protexis Inc. - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Protexis\License Service\PsiService_2.exe

--

End of file - 6431 bytes

Archived