µTorrent 3.1 stable (build 26671)

Firon

Finally I can update µTorrent to next major release without losing and setting one more time my detailed window options. Thanks for this!

But still µTorrent is performance hog when you start to scroll torrent list. This need to be fixed, because it's very annoying regression.

Just test it by fast scrolling up and down and you will starting to see something like this... also scrolling looks laggy somtimes

w0lS4.png

Now it's downloading directly into the cache and never writing to disk. Had a torrent ramp up and exceed the write cache by 300/32 (26000 writes To Cache) with still 0 writes To File... really weird stuff going on.

(Also I just upgraded my laptop from 2.2.1 and the columns reset issue is still very much a huge pain in the ass..)

are you sure you are using this "stable" 3.1 ? try with annew/empty settings.dat . I did reproduce the overthecahcelimit issue, but usually it is for a few seconds, and go back to the cache level.

Tried that just now.. doesn't exceed, but a lot of weird stuff is going on. It throttles the speed when it gets near the cache limit, but then it still never writes to disk. Screenshot:

screenyq.th.jpg

You can see the amount it accomplished in 5 minutes... very little.

Edit: Just noticed it says "Moving..." in that screenshot, but that's just the Simple View being stuck, and just in case, I reproduced again without moving using the old Torrent List View now.

On a side note: "Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent" doesn't apply to Simple View? That's annoying...

Did I mention it downloads at 1.5MB/s until cache limit is reached and THEN it downloads at slow speed? Not sure why it's doing it on my end but it is definitely related.

Edit: @rafi: Defragged overnight on Firon's suggestion... according to PerfectDisk it should be at 99.7% performance again with negligible fragmentation across the board.

Edit 2: Tried again and after 5min of throttled wait the disk writes finally kick in and it actually performed well for awhile (until it crashed...)

no you didn't.. sure looks weird . sounds like a slow HD issue, or some AV interference. Buy yourself a new one (and send BT inc the bill...) ... But don't through this one away, it is perfect for cache testing... :P

Edit:

ah.. if file copy works fast it's fine. This specific release if far from stable. Who knows, maybe the first hash you get still causes some data-flow-'damage'/hangup... I guess Art has to check it up some more...

no you didn't.. sure looks weird . sounds like a slow HD issue, or some AV interference. Buy yourself a new one (and send BT inc the bill...) ... But don't through this one away, it is perfect for cache testing... :P

Edit:

ah.. if file copy works fast it's fine. This release if far from stable. Who knows, maybe the first hash you get still causes some data-flow-'damage'/hangup...

Rafi do you have any ideea how to fix the crash in utorrent 3.1 stable build 26591

???

no you didn't.. sure looks weird . sounds like a slow HD issue' date=' or some AV interference. Buy yourself a new one (and send BT inc the bill...) ... But don't through this one away, it is perfect for cache testing... :P

Edit:

ah.. if file copy works fast it's fine. This release if far from stable. Who knows, maybe the first hash you get still causes some data-flow-'damage'/hangup...[/quote']

Rafi do you have any ideea how to fix the crash in utorrent 3.1 stable build 26591

???

No, it is not in our hands. We need some dev-power for that ... ;)

Build: 26593

_ I'm seeing 3 crashes in a row up to now after a day running, strange, it "never" crashed before :\

_ In the logger tab, I see references to ghost of past torrent deleted from the list times ago, but still being searched for "<NULL> can't open .torrent file: ..." - Double checked, they are not listed and I'm looking throug my user directory to look for leftover, but can't find any.

--Update

Confirm, it keeps on insisting on crashing.. ill fated build, definately.

Hi, I have unchecked "Show detailed info" in the options but I still get the narrow area at the bottom. Is there a way to hide this bar completely ?

This "nerrow area (if i understand you correctly) is a bar that includes the F% "show details" equivalent - a small button at the right, that assists in opening or closing the details area. It is staying there so people can still use it.

76032757.th.png

Don't know about everyone else, but with 26595 my testing finally seems to verify the hashfail issue is resolved (slackware had 1 hashfail but no repetition). Also not seeing any mini-hangs/hangs or crashes now. Great job! :D

Now we just need fixes for the stuck cache, disk write lag and other issues. ;)

Same here. This issue seems to be finally fixed now. Great :)

Let's hope the rest of the issues we've reported - will be dealt with soon as well :)

Hi' date=' I have unchecked "Show detailed info" in the options but I still get the narrow area at the bottom. Is there a way to hide this bar completely ?[/quote']

This "nerrow area (if i understand you correctly) is a bar that includes the F% "show details" equivalent - a small button at the right, that assists in opening or closing the details area. It is staying there so people can still use it.

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6527/76032757.th.png

I don't like the idea of unchecking an option that in fact is actually closing the details area. If I unchecked it it is to make it disappear :(

Since v3, utorrent is ruining his reputation with useless features! A lot of bugs for "stable release"

It used to be a good software!

Archived