Excellent utility to open ports MyUPnP

rocky500

I use BitSpirit with most Torrents and they have an excellent utility to open ports on UPnP aware devices.

Now using utorrent as well which cant open a port for me but MyUPnP.exe will.

I use it with Kerio Winroute (which is on another machine) to open a port.

Others have used it with different routers too.

I have uploaded the utility if anyone wants to try it.

Just Unzip it and run it (dosen't need to be installed)

Download here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/16929861/MyUPnP.zip.html

or

http://www.mytempdir.com/560418

If this post breaks any rules please feel free to remove it.

UPnP is a very fickle thing, so it's not that suprising that one implementation might work better than others on certain routers. A lot of people do seem to have problems with µTorrent's UPnP, so it might actually be screwy. Anyway, ludde's working on NAT traversal, which could help people behind routers too.

BitSpirit people also had problems with uPnP. With each new version they released they broke the uPnP part a few times.

I just tried uTorrent again - Selected Options - Network - uPnP & Win Firewall exceptions and I get this error in the logger:

"[00:49:19] Unable to map UPnP port to 10.0.0.44:56881"

The "uPnP.exe" utility works for me to open a port.

I just came to this forum to have a look and noticed all the same posts about problems opening a port.

Mabey a few can try the utility to see if it can help them.

Only recently I started getting the "Unable to map UPnP port..." message in µtorrent. Tried this UPnP.exe, opened µtorrent...same thing. Didnt seem to work for the port I had been using for quite some time now(65535). I then changed to another port(61552) in µtorrent and now getting "Mapped port with UPnP to..." So, changing the port seemed to work fine. I have no idea why my usual BT port was having prob's.

I use BitSpirit with most Torrents and they have an excellent utility to open ports on UPnP aware devices.

Now using utorrent as well which cant open a port for me but MyUPnP.exe will.

I use it with Kerio Winroute (which is on another machine) to open a port.

Others have used it with different routers too.

I have uploaded the utility if anyone wants to try it.

Just Unzip it and run it (dosen't need to be installed)

Download here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/16929861/MyUPnP.zip.html

or

http://www.mytempdir.com/560418

If this post breaks any rules please feel free to remove it.

hi...i'm new here...and have been reading through the posts....i'm having downloading speed problems and such.....ummm...i also don't know what i'm doing....please be kind....anyway i tried the program above and it said it couldn't find any ports and such.....

i tried the port forwarding thing.....it didn't work i think because my computer is on a network?...i don't really want to stuff around with my partners' modem configurations.....would it make a difference if i did?...plus...because i don't really know what i'm doing...i don't understand what to do with the port forwarding......

my main problem is the little circle symbol at the bottom goes from yeallow to red....so dl's are low....and is the dl supposed to be way lower than the upload rate?

ok....well i've still got the red simbol.....and no ports connected....can anyone help with me previous post? i'm on a network....so i'm assuming my partners computer is in the way of the connection problem?.....other things dl quickly though......i've done the speed test which worked fine....and the port forwarding this....well i still don't know what i'm doing..plus my partners modem model wasn't listed.......and the ip thing i had to type in....just went to an error mesage site......

ok i re did the port forwarding thing.....and could only get up to putting my ip adress in the browser...and it had an error saying it can't find it or something......also....my ip adress and dns stuff and such is all on automatic detection...is that ok?

You only need to port forward if you are on a network.

Correct port forwarding should speed up your download.

Download shouldn't be way lower than upload.

You should put your modem/router's IP in the browser.

You should set a IP address for your computer instead of automatic detection.

Hope this helps.

hmmm...i am on a network.....

so i don't think i can change the modem settings....cause i'm not connected to it...i'm connected to the computor that is connected to the modem.......

should i still put thet modem's ip adress in the brouser?.....will i have to stuff around with the modem settings if i can get into it?

sorry...i'm pretty naive!

"Jane" you can download this little utility ShowIP v1.6.3

http://www.webattack.com/dlnow/rdir.dll?id=105152

It will help in getting your IP & external IP to the internet.

Can you post the exact model of the modem or router that is there.

Also your ip address eg. 192.168.0.5

The "UPnP" utilty can work with modems/routers that have UPnP "enabled"

You say your connected to the other Computer. Is there a Box that your computer connects to with say a blue cable?

How many Computers are there connected to the internet?

the other computer is conected to a motorolla sp4200 modem.....the computer is only attatched to the modem....there is no blue cable......and there are only two computers on the network....mine and his....his is the one where the modem is connected too

i will try your ip link

actually i tried it and it came up with the same ip adress as the one that i originally have and tried to connect with through the browser......what am i doing wrong?

yeah...i think so too now....i don't think he's too keen on the idea though for security reasons........i get speeds up to 22 k/ps i think...so i might leave it as it is...it takes longer but its better than nothing.....

thanks for your help guys!.....

hmmm...i am on a network.....

so i don't think i can change the modem settings....cause i'm not connected to it...i'm connected to the computor that is connected to the modem.......

should i still put thet modem's ip adress in the brouser?.....will i have to stuff around with the modem settings if i can get into it?

sorry...i'm pretty naive!

Jane, Assuming that the modem used in your cased has UPnP enabled, you can open UPnP in your Windows xp firewall, there is a checkbox called "UPnP Framework". Check it and you are not supposed to have any problems at all with uTorrent or any other UPnP enablet bittorrent client. Remember to keep checked UPnP option in uTorrent, of course. You can observe my results here: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=173238#p173238

For now I don't see any side effects with opening UPnP. No need for port forwarding or any other modem configuration.

just at home....there are only two computers...mine is connected to the other one which is connected to the modem.

its an ethernet cable connection...is that what you mean?

i just don't know how to enable the upnp...

• 10 months later...

Archived