How to replace current exe and system tray icons?

Lee

GREAT piece of software!!!!

the only thing I don't like is the tray icon... so looking forward to a version that comes with th option to chance it, or maybe two types of release, a compressed and a uncompressed exe maybe?

well anyway... my BT client of choice now... awesome!!!

GREAT piece of software!!!!

the only thing I don't like is the tray icon... so looking forward to a version that comes with th option to chance it, or maybe two types of release, a compressed and a uncompressed exe maybe?

well anyway... my BT client of choice now... awesome!!!

how about like foobar2000 where you can choose from 20 different icons 8) :lol:

how about like foobar2000 where you can choose from 20 different icons 8) :lol:

bad idea, having 20 different icons compiled into the .exe would seriously increase its size. u think a standard XP icon covering just 48x48, 32x32 16x16 is 14KB in size. 20 of them would end up being larger than the program itself.

I previously mentioned this in a message specifically to the developers but I think it's unfair to suggest this.

They created an exceptional program and it's available for free to anyone who wants it. In the interest of retaining value by BRANDING their product (and it IS a product whether sold or offered gratis), I think they should retain the right to one uniform icon.

If µTorrent achieves the widespread distribution it deserves, the brand becomes the developers' reward.

i agree with above, and i suggest a recomendation to this brand a few icons can be selected and a vote can be placed by the community, afterall the application is for the community, and what ever is the majority vote should be the new icon. Seems right for me.

Archived