Checking and Re-checking

dietcoke

I'm having trouble with uTorrent at the moment. There are several issues but the most annoying one right now is checking and re-checking torrents. Several torrents have "Checked 0.00%" as their status and their status has remained that way for the past 10 minutes. I've tried to stop the torrents and then either force re-check or restart them, and it always results in the program crashing. Is anyone else having this problem? I never experienced this issue (or disk overloading) with older versions of uTorrent.

Same problem.

Tried deleting all my settings for uTorrent. Nothing works. Tried a variety of cache settings. Nothing.

I cant seem to create torrents either ( without taking hours for a 100mb file ). Definitely some sort of caching problem with 3.0+

Only thing that fixes it for me is reverting to uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25302

Torrent files are checked one at a time. If you have many torrents (downloading) files to be re-checked, it is generally the result of uTorrent crashing or you killing the process before it has finished doing clean-up. Shutting down your computer while uTorrent is running is the same as you killing the process.

There are times (in the past) when uTorrent would take a long time to do rechecks. At times it would get "stuck" for want of a better word. On occasion (prior to the current 3.1 version) with 40 torrents in a download status, I have taken 24hrs to perform a complete re-check. It is somewhat faster now.

I have noticed in earlier versions, and I was having uTorrent move files that were completed; that disk overloads would occur, re-checks would seem to hang, downloads would pause, until the move was completed. When you are moving 75GB+ across a network that can seem like a long time, So I do not do "move when completed" any more. I target the torrents to place the files where I ultimately want them to go. So "moves" do not impact re-checks and disk overloads occur rarely. What does impact re-checks is modifying another torrent using the "relocate file" feature. So for the most part if you are doing re-checks - leave uTorrent alone until its finished or live with the impact the other activites can have on re-checks..

• 1 month later...

Problems seems to be related to high CPU usage. Sometimes when I encode on my machine with uTorrent. Harshing / Rechecking a file takes forever. However when CPU usage is normal and not 100% from encoding. It is not effected. The last stable uTorrent 2.2.1 Build 25302 is not effected. Every single uTorrent 3.0+ is effected. Hope this can be fixed.

Archived