A complete step by step how to for utorrent

cry_wolf

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i followed all your steps exactly and utorrent ran like horse in my server, now this horse gave me trouble by suspending the vps for malicious traffic which utorrent generated itself. so how to hold this horse? i mean what will be the safe settings to play with? only limiting the download and upload speed will solve this issue or i need to alter other settings to stop it from suspending the vps and not trigger the ids. this is the issue now i got.

i followed all your steps exactly and utorrent ran like horse in my server, now this horse gave me trouble by suspending the vps for malicious traffic which utorrent generated itself. so how to hold this horse? i mean what will be the safe settings to play with? only limiting the download and upload speed will solve this issue or i need to alter other settings to stop it from suspending the vps and not trigger the ids. this is the issue now i got.

Well you can ask your vps provider for the limits they are imposing, and then adjust your utorrent download/upload speed and "No. Of Connections" accordingly. These are the configuration parameters in the configuration file:

conns_per_torrent:
max_total_connections:
max_dl_rate:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Will this installation guide work for Ubuntu 11.10 desktop. I'm not running the server edition.

Right at the beginning I get this:

sudo yum install glibc libgcc openssl krb5-libs libcom_err zlib keyutils-libs libselinux

Setting up Install Process

No package glibc available.

No package libgcc available.

No package openssl available.

No package krb5-libs available.

No package libcom_err available.

No package zlib available.

No package keyutils-libs available.

No package libselinux available.

Yet looking in synaptic I see I have

openssl

libselinux1