"Sign Up" for WebUI beta testing

Directrix

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I test the webui?

I currently use µtorrent on my PC-box thingie on my home network (as well as a web server, ftp server and media-playing-to-my-tv server).

Though I currently VNC to that machine from various other PCs at my house, it often effects the tv output :-/ .

All my machines are Windows XP SP2, using IE6, firefox 1.5 and/or opera 8.5.

My network is 54Mbit wireless, with a D-link DI-624 revC router and DWL-2000AP access point.

And occaisionally I access my network from an outside connection (usually a uni one which uses traffic shaping on uncommon ports).

I don't think i missed anything out there :-/ meh, need another beer, doubt I get to beta test the webui anyway :P lol. ^_^

Hi, I'd be keen to test the web UI.

I have my main system (running XP and uTorrent 1.5 at the moment) at home on a 256kb DSL with wireless lan running 24/7, and a G4 iBook running OS X and Linux, so I have access to Firefox (Mac/Win/Linux) IE, Safari, Konqueror and Opera. I'm also able to access my home systems via http and ssh from School, so believe I'm able to give it a good thrashing in terms of testing, plus I'd be really keen to get this implemented as a feature ASAP.

Regards,

Ryan

I'd like to test the WebUI too, if there's still space.

I have uTorrent on almost 24/7 and make good use of the RSS Downloader. Since I spend little time at home nowadays, this type of thing would be useful and very testable, since I have big schedule holes at school, which I could use to do any UI test work you need.

I'd love to test this if there's still room.

My server (actually just a laptop) runs uTorrent 24/7. I currently administer everything via VNC, even when at home, but tend to do most of it during the day when at work. VNC obviously uses a lot more bandwidth and resources than a webUI would so this would be a godsend.

I actually work as a games tester so I know plenty about bug testing, reporting and such.

Thanks in advance if you let me join.

I would be very much appreciative if I could test the WebUI if there is still room available.

My uTorrent machine is currently running behind a wireless DSL router. I currently control it remotely by UltraVNC, from university and from home. My other machines at home run WinXP SP2 running Firefox 1.5.0.2. The university machines are WinXP, Debian, and OSX-based.

Thank-you,

Afu.

Hi Directrix,

I'm have a win2003 server setup that serves as my family mp3/video/photo/ftp/backup printer/P2P downloading box. It is on permanently.

Until recently i was using Azureus for the SOLE purpose of using the webui plugin which works great. Azureus is, unfortunately, a memory hog and required shutting down and restarting the program every few days as it started to chew my ram. Worse, Azureus tends to go through spasms when it needs to start take a bite on my cpu too, which although generous for its purpose (800mhz duron) gets bogged down at often inconvenient moments. I have now switched to uTorrent (big grin from ear to ear) cpu and ram usage are minimal and no more server hiccups.

I used to regularly check my downloads from wherever I was, even using my phone and pocketpc but I have stopped doing that since I moved to uTorrent. When using the azureus webui i would go for weeks without seeing my win2k3 desktop, but now i see it every day as i end up having to remote desktop through to it to check up on my uTorrent downloads/seeding.

Thanks for reading,

Fuzzy.

Hello there,

I use utorrent everyday in place of having a tivo, and a web interface would be amazing. I am almost ready to switch over to torrentflux just to be able to use the web interface. I could test the web interface on a variety of platforms, including a xbox, and several different linux installations. I would be using it remotley and from within my lan. It would be under heavy load, if that helps at all. I have my own private web server at home, and knowledge with php and like so I could help pin-point any bugs I found. Please consider me!

Thanks!

I'd love to test the WebUI. Have been using µT since the beginning and been wanting a WebUI. I even offered to build one at one stage.

I'm an experienced web developer with knowleged of AJAX and DHTML which I heard is being used.

I have a fairly high-speed connection and manage multiple downloads, it would be a lot easier with a remote interface (and I would be encountering multiple situations) as I am away from home a lot. I also have some interesting network setups I can try it through (linux routers, windows routers, NATs, proxies, VPNs, etc).

Multiple browsers: IE, Firefox (1.0.x - 2.x, I have 1.0.4 at work, 1.5.2 at home, and 2.0.x at uni), Opera (multiple versions), KHTML, Safari, Other Gecko variant browsers (epiphany, galeon, etc),

Multiple operating systems: everything from Windows 98, 98SE, 2k, XP (SP0-2) to Sun Java Desktop, Gnome, KDE, XFCE, Mac OS 9, OS X, blackbox, etc.

I have access to many systems.

Hope to hear from you.

Would really like to test this out! I am using multiple OS's (win xp, vista beta, Linux) and multiple browsers (IE, firefox, mozilla). Seems it would be very useful since I am using several connections running utorrent and currently have to use VNC's to access my torrents remotely.

ok, FearaFox here would like to sign up for beta testing

Why would I be a good candidate? hmm.. Well I own 2 Desktop PC's and a Laptop with wireless router, and I use uTorrent on all of 'em =), and all are up 24/7. I use a variety of different OSes and browsers, but i'm also not afraid to devote time and effort, and the sanity of both me and the computer to try new programs out. I am out of the house more often then not, due to school and work, and I would love a webUI to check on my downloads.

I'm also already registered on IRC under the nick of FearaFox.

thanks!

-Ffox

Hi,

Id love to be a part of this beta program, the ability to use a webui is the one feature that I have been desperate for utorrent to implement. I use Windows XP and Mac OS X daily, and as a web developer have Opera, Firefox and IE installed on the XP side of things, and IE, Firefox and Safari on the Mac, so have a wide range of testing platforms.

If there is a need fo further testers, I am availible to test on Linux, Windows, and various browsers on each (ie, ff, khtml, lynx)

I also happen to be an experienced Ajax/PHP developer with thorough knowledge of (X)HTML/CSS. :)

I would like to test the WebUI

I'm been using uTorrent for quite long, and I using Win XP SP2, Win 2000 SP4, Knoppix and for web browsing Firefox (1.0.8, 1.5.0.2, 2.0 alpha), Konqueror (3.5.2), and IE (5.5, 6, 7 Beta 2)

I have a fast Internet Connection (40 mbit)

Thanks

Srandista

Archived