"Sign Up" for WebUI beta testing

Directrix

Hey

I would like to test WebUI because µtorrent is a great program and nothing would make me happier than to help it muture further and be developed more. Also i spend a ton of time on the computer and have all the time in the world to test every feature it will contain

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to test the webui as i have been a follower of the utorrent since i migrated off bitcomet 0.60 to utorrent 1.2 and have followed its progression with anticipation. I also use ubuntu, debian and windows so i can test the webui on those os'.

Hi

I would like to beta test because i would like to manage my torrents from another place.

My tests could be on Windows 2003,2000,XP,ubuntu with/without firewall (pix515). (I'm Cisco Pix expert)

I'm software developper and i manage a lan of 160 Pcs.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I would love to beta test the webui. I live in a dorm at uni and normally vnc into my home pc to add new torrents, etc. but this can be so annoying as my adsl is just basically rubbish. lol. I would be using the WebUI extensively and so would probably find alot of bugs.

Also im a web developer so the webui is definitely interesting to me.

thanx

I would like to help testing uTorrent webui..

I run uTorrent 24/7 using 80% of my bandwith. (IN: 230 Kb/s OUT: 120 Kb/s) (except for a reboot one a while.. Stupid Windows!)

I Use Mozilla Firefox if that was in you interest..

I Run Windows XP Corp.

-Finsken

Thanks for the info, Directrix!

- I really want to test this, because i'm a big fan of uTorrent 1.5,

and i really want to try this awesome client. GUI looks good,

and all older uTorrent versions are very nice.

- I'm using uTorrent 1.5 at the moment, and want to try

out this before i'm going to set up my own Dedicated Server =)

- I changed from BitComet to uTorrent...!

I would also like to test the WebUI.

I love uTorrent and switched to it from BitTornado because I liked how you could have multiple torrents in one "instance" of the program. The community here is great too, and there is a very fast response from developers (I had something moved to the todo forum and it was done within a day).

Enough butter you up, the reason I want to beta test is so I can watch movies while checking the status of my torrents through my laptop over the WebUI.

And you only have 132 beta testers so far, you could use another, right?

Hi,

Hopefully i'm in the first 200 applicants...

I would like to test the WebUI for uTorrent as I am moving my mail,web,ftp,file,utorrent,print server into the lounge room to also take on a PVR (Media Portal) role. This means I no longer have control over the desktop of the machine and need some other way to get into the torrent config.

The main reason for offering my help with BETA testing is that I need a reliable, low footprint client like uTorrent(WebUI), which does not rely on multiple 3rd party packages which have been ported from *NIX

A little about myself,

I currently work in 3rd level tech support for a software development company. I support many customers over the Asia-Pacific region and often perform ALPHA and BETA testing on our products. I run many Virtual Machines which I would be happy to use to test this client.

I can legally use the following platforms to test on

- Windows NT 4.0 SP6a

- Windows 2000 Pro SP4

- Windows 2000 Server SP4

- Windows XP Pro SP1a

- Windows XP Pro SP2 IE6 and FF1.5

- Windows XP Pro SP2 IE7 and FF1.5

- Windows XP Home SP2 IE6 and FF1.5

- Windows Server 2003 SP1

All nodes have the following config

- latest MS Updates

- McAfee Enterprise 7.1.0

- No firewalls (corporate environment protected by hardware firewall)

Let me know what you need testing, when you need it done by (reasonable time frame considering I have a full time job) and consider it done.

Nitro

Hi,

Im a computer science undergraduate, so ive learned pieces of programming, the importance of achieving cross browser compatibility when designing a feature like this, and getting it right, is key. Ive tested software previously, provided feedback on Microsoft Live Mail BETA before the wider BETA took place, tested my own software for university projects, and developed a translation system for use in lower education to assist in learning of foreign languages.

I would like to help out and be part of developing this feature, to bring this to the thousands of uTorrent users and for the experience aswell.

Im usually awake late at night aswell if that helps :P

AJ

Hey, would love to test the WebUI.

Have a relatively low home upstream bandwidth, if that matters. Could test on Firefox 1.5, Firefox 2.0a, IE6, IE7b2, and others if needed. Running Ubuntu, XP, and Vista.

EDIT - Forgot, I can also test on IE Mobile and Opera Mobile (Windows Mobile 2005).

Hi,

Sorry for the late entry, but have not had time to get into the forums lately... anyhow, I would like to participate in this beta test... have been downloading torrents for years with just about every client put out. I have been using uTorrent just about since it became public, removing all others shortly afterwards, and am interested in this client's development.

* Upload 100Gb/Month (Average) during the last year.

* As a software developer (C,C++,Perl,PHP,etc.) and can really bring insight into debugging process

* Currently developing (X|)HTML custom application for work.

oh yes, please let me in!

I would be glad to participate as well.

I'm (web) software developer, using mainly Opera (BTW participate in Opera 9 preview/beta testing) but also Firefox + IE on Windows and Konqueror + Firefox on Linux.

I am also (inofficial) beta tester of SQLyog (MySQL client) & Servant Salamander (file manager) and PHPEdit (PHP IDE) Quality Assurance Team member.

From my office net (Windows 2000 Professional) I would connect via Squid HTTP PROXY.

Hope it helps! :):):)

Basicly it comes down to my networked machines... I have a 100mhz pc with 32megs of ram with a 100gig harddrive, located in my closet lol.. I use uTorrent on it to download really really slow torrents with very little seeds, in which i have to hook up a monitor and keyboard/mouse in order to control the client. Id like to use somthing a little easier. So thats why im looking to beta this new ver. thanks..

This pc runs on windows 2000.

I want to signup as a test user for the WebUI.

I'm a lot in school so I have to be able to control my pc at home.

Downloading/uploading 24/7.

My specs are:

3,2Ghz

2GB Ram

700GB HDD

WinXP Pro SP2.

The browsers I can test with are, IE6, IE7 Beta, Opera 8,5 and Opera 9 Beta.

As a web computer engineer i'd like to see the possibilities offered by the web ui and the different things i could bring to it (if anything can be added at all). I won't write about my life and the reason i am the perfect beta tester because i'm not.

Using browsers like Opera latest build, Firefox so called "Bon Echo" or even IE7...

Archived