.torrent files are not deleted when using 'Remove all Files'

Cantello

When a torrent has finished downloading & seeding, I usually copy the relevant file(s) into a different folder and then choose "Remove all Files" from the context menu. Unfortunately, it does not remove all files, only the downloaded files and not the .torrent files as the title would suggest (there are four options, 'Remove from List', 'Remove Data Files', 'Remove Torrent File' & 'Remove all Files').

Am I doing something wrong, is this behaviour intentional or is it simply a bug?

edit: Same behaviour as in https://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=110202 apparently, only for windows.

Could you specify which files do you want to be deleted apart from the .torrent file and the downloaded ones? Remove All Files works as a combination of 2nd and 3rd options, so it deletes .torrent from the App's folder (not the one you downloaded from the internet) and delete the data.

Could you specify which files do you want to be deleted apart from the .torrent file and the downloaded ones? Remove All Files works as a combination of 2nd and 3rd options, so it deletes .torrent from the App's folder (not the one you downloaded from the internet) and delete the data.

Ah, so this is a misunderstanding on my part. I thought that "Remove torrent files" will actually remove the downloaded torrent files (in the downloads folder).

I would suggest to also enable deletion of the downloaded torrent files.

Thanks for the clarification, though. :-)

I would agree with this requested behavior, because it's the effect I expected as well. For example, a first try or two to build a torrent for a specific purpose might not have ideal field values -- we might not even understand what the purpose of the Web Seeds field is, for example. Yet we might want to use the same naming conventions for the torrent. What we expect to happen then is a total cleanup of related files -- excepting of course, the source folders/files we're working into a torrent.

Archived