WebUI + Opera 9

AresXP

It's been requested many, many, many times before by other people that you get the option to disable, but the Opera devs seem to think it better that people use what they think is safe. They could at least give an option, and bury it deep enough (opera:config or something) so that only people who know what they're doing do it, but they probably won't do even that much.

@Ultima: Has what you posted actually been stated anywhere by the Opera devs?

@Directrix: If you do wish to workaround this issue what you could do is use window.blur(); window.focus(); in the event handlers although clearly you shouldnt have to.

Alternatively Opera users could just use this UserJS

// ==UserScript==
// @include http://YourIP:UTport/gui/index.html
// ==/UserScript==

window.opera.addEventListener('BeforeEventListener.mousedown',function(e) {
if( e.event.button == 2 ) {
window.blur();
window.focus();
}
},false);

Make sure to edit the @include directive appropriately

Edit: Requires that window.blur (Allow lowering of windows) and window.focus (Allow raising of windows) are enabled in the javascript options dialog

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

here is how I do it:

Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Shortcuts > <edit the mouse shortcuts>

there use the quickfind thingy and put "flipback" there, delete the the first shortcut you see (the one that works as BACK)

now FlipBack is this action: you press the second mouse button and while holding it you press the left one, then release.

this trigers the webui menu and as we just removed it from Opera's config files, it trigers nothing else. With some more digging perhaps I could find and even more easier gesture, but this one works for me fine.

• 4 weeks later...

My alternative: Alt + right click

What happens is, the context menu shows up, but holding Alt sends focus to the browser's menubar and hides the context menu. Focus will be on the menubar but the web ui menu remains. Problem is, I'm not sure if I can expect the same behavior on anything other than Windows. Anyway, I'm on a laptop, so this approach is more convenient for me.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Yep, that's because Directrix found a workaround for the context menu issue in Opera. In versions prior to v0.350 (basically, the versions this thread was about), even enabling that option didn't prevent Opera from showing its own context menu on top of the WebUI context menu.

• 5 months later...
Don't know if this applies to 9.6 (I'm using the 10 Beta) but Site Prefs > Scripting > Allow script to receive context menu events works very, very nicely.

I was just going to post this, just log on to webUI and in that window right click and follow Akdor_1154's instructions and the checked option you select only applies to that given site. IE. Your webUI page :)

Done!

Archived