[PHP] Where to start

Rourke

I love the fact uTorrent has an API for programmers, except I have no clue how to start this with PHP. I simply want to load a torrent file (URL) in my utorrent client.

The way the token system works and how everything is explained in the documentation is very vague to say the least. You need the token to see the token?

Normal authentication methods through HTTP headers don't seem to work. A simple and solid method to get the JSON/HTML that proved itself over and over would be this way:

<?php

$username = 'username';
$password = 'password';
$url = 'http://[my-external-ip]:4321/gui/token.html';

$context = stream_context_create(array(
'http' => array(
'header' => "Authorization: Basic " . base64_encode("$username:$password")
)
));
$data = file_get_contents($url, false, $context);
print_r($data);

?>

Yet I get a timeout. I've also tried cURL without any luck. Am I missing something here?

I have to add it's not a problem for me to reach the token.html when I type in the address in the browser.

I've read that and it's still not clear to me how I should request such HTTP cookies with PHP. I googled, searched and tried for over 12 hours now. Some actual code examples (not what I'm supposed to send and receive) would be very helpfull. Or any hint in the right direction :)

Rourke I don't use PHP but I can explain a few things to you. When you send a request to obtain a token from uTorrent you will also receive the cookie in the same return. So you won't need to request the cookie. here is an example return I get from a token request:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 121
Content-Type: text/html
Set-Cookie: GUID=b8nUSjNaRmMu7OUPIyQj; path=/
Cache-Control: no-cache

<html><div id='token' style='display:none;'>5RsdSpL0je-SGs95zOZ2MW6kinLDLPa74LgQ9HnXfjWb3BvOXEuVZrlaJU8AAAAA</div></html>

As you can see the cookie which is "b8nUSjNaRmMu7OUPIyQj" is also returned as well when the token request is returned. I would submit a PHP question to a PHP forum on the internet somewhere. You probably would get a quicker response.

Archived