µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Basically, if I start up uTorrent and leave it running, every once in a while all traffic will suddenly drop to 0 and stay there indefinitely....

-I am unable to reach my router (192.168.1.1) when my connection breaks.

Just a stab in the dark: perhaps you are the victim of a DOS attack. If I ever, even just for a few moments don't have protocol encryption set to Forced I get symptoms very similar to yours, and addition no computer in the house can get to the net.

...Basically' date=' if I start up uTorrent and leave it running, every once in a while all traffic will suddenly drop to 0 and stay there indefinitely....

-I am unable to reach my router (192.168.1.1) when my connection breaks.

....[/quote']

Just a stab in the dark: perhaps you are the victim of a DOS attack. If I ever, even just for a few moments don't have protocol encryption set to Forced I get symptoms very similar to yours, and addition no computer in the house can get to the net.

I used to have an issue like the one reported here that required me to reboot my router occasionally. However, the root of the problem was the firmware being unable to handle the volume of connections generated by normal BitTorrent traffic. In effect, the router locked up until it was hard-booted.

Wwhen I auto updated to the new 3.1.2 I had both the disk overload 100% issue and the rss feed not laoding properly. The disk overload seems to be some sort of cashing issue. There may be other ways to fix it, but I resolved it by manually setting the cashe size to 128 mb (Options > Preferences > Advanced > Disk Cashe). Although this fixed the disk overload problem, while actively downloading utorrent makes use of all of that memory growing as big as 150 mb, which isn't a problem on my system, but you can hardly call it "light weight" anymore. As far as the RSS problem, I ended up downgrading to build 26726 which seems to work. http://www.oldversion.com/download-uTorrent-3.1.2-Build-26726.html I still have my cashe set to 128 mb, but next time I download something I'll try reducing it and see if I still have the "disk overload" issue.

Version 3.1.2 stable (build 26753) RSS FEEDS don't update after updated.
and the rss feed not laoding properly.

What do you mean by "don't update" ? Can you show a screenshot with your "Feeds" category view, including the column "Added" ?

Like I said I resolved the issue by downgrading, but my feeds showed only previously downloaded torrents, and would not show new feed data. While messing around with the problem, I tried disabling/enabling each feed, which appeared to do nothing. I tried to "update" the feeds, which did nothing, and to verify the feeds were active/online I did verify them with internet explorer. The only thing I did which seemed promising was when I removed the feed completely and added it as new, for a moment the new torrents appeared, but vanished after 2-3 seconds.

and i thought i am the only one who had that big "disk overloaded 100%" problem since 3.1.2.anyway i found a fix (for me at least):uttorrent-options-preferences-advanced-disk cache and put at least 400-500 MB where it says smth like this: override automatic cache size and specify the size manually (MB)

Caching and internet crashing problems solved...

I was having the cache problem with the latest version (build 26753), i.e. cache maxing out (disk overloaded 100%) or, after manually upping cache size, getting the "flushing" notice when torrent supposedly finished download. I tried clicking every button and changing a billion settings with no luck. Just before flying into a violent rage, I completely uninstalled uTorrent (including settings) and reinstalled the latest version. This solved that problem.

After the fresh install, I was still having the issue with my internet crashing in waves. (Urge to kill... rising). From what I gather, this is the router crapping out. (I've been having this problem for a while). I fixed this by changing the following settings (from default) under preferences:

Bandwidth > Max upload rate = 45, Apply rate max to transport overhead = check, Global max number of connections = 200, (Max peers per torrent = 100, not sure if this matters)

BitTorret > Protocol Encryption, outgoing = forced

Queuing > Maximum number of active torrents = 4

I did all this yesterday, and it ran like a charm all night. All of the files I was downloading had probably less that 100 seeds + peers total at any given time and only maxed to ~800 kb/s. I just tested it on 2 heavily seeded torrent, and it whizzed along beautifully with speeds holding @ 2.3 MB/s. I also clicked around on the web while this was happening, and the connection didn't even flinch. You can probably fiddle around with the above settings to see what you can get away with. My guess is that it's router dependent.

FYI, I'm running Vista 64-bit, plugged directly into some generic Netgear WiFi router that's ~ 2 - 3 yrs old, cable internet.

Version 3.1.2 stable (build 26753) RSS FEEDS don't update after updated.
and the rss feed not laoding properly.

What do you mean by "don't update" ? Can you show a screenshot with your "Feeds" category view' date=' including the column "Added" ?[/quote']

I can confirm this behaviour. As noted in another thread (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=640264) if any torrent from the RSS feed is in the torrent list (whether downloading, seeding or just stopped) then only torrents that are in the torrent list will be displayed in the RSS feed list.

This appears to be a purely cosmetic bug - the full RSS feed is still present (you can access it via the web UI) and RSS filters still work. However, it means that if people want to manually add torrents from the RSS feed they are currently unable to do so (except from the web UI).

utorrentrss.jpg

webuirss.jpg

when you download a part of the entire content the flush to disk error appear (for ex: if the size is 43GB and you want to down only 100MB of the size, the flush to disk bug appear.....in ut 3.0 no flush to disk bug, even if it's default settings enabled for both ut 3.1.2 & 3.0)

please fix flush to disk error in utorrent build 26753

proof:

b0b35e175843995.jpg

Archived