µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

Hi! I have a problem with the latest build too. as you will see in picture. utorrent process is far too big and i cant close it' date=' even if the window is closed.

[url']http://uploadimage.ro/images/27039286575491737117.jpg

Did you change anything in the disk cache settings?

i tried already all solution i find on the forum. the best war to downgrade to 2.2.1 version and all its ok now

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have UI->system tray->close to tray - checked, I bet you didn't "customize" the system tray for "show icon and notifications" behavior for utorrent

Nope, both those options are active. I've UI Settings > System Tray > Close closes uT to tray checked and the "Show icon and notifications" selected for uTorrent, exactly as it was for 2.2.1.

Actually I just tried also selecting "Always show tray icon" in uT and now the icon doesn't disappear when I close uT. Nevertheless I don't think this was the intended behaviour... with the "close to tray" selected and "always show tray icon" unselected shoudn't uT, upon hitting close, disappear from the taskbar and appear in the systray?

What's up with utorrent updating almost everyday?

Learn to pay attention to build numbers.

Or it could be said that Utorrent 3.1.x had quite a few bugs to be squashed.

Multiple updates are preferable to delaying updates to merge into a new build but while it's preferable, it doesn't exactly look good for the software if it's classed as stable. It's too late now though, it's done. Hopefully there are less issues in the future, I really don't know how they broke so many things :rolleyes:

I upgraded from version 2.2.1 (2.something, latest) to this, and to my disappointment found out there is CONSTANT data flow at about 12kB/s both directions with no torrents being up or downloaded. What's wrong?

utorrent is using too much memory since I updated to 3.1.2 from 3.1. utorrent uses up to 2gb ram (It might go higher it wasn't for the 2gb max memory an 32bit app can use in a 64bit windows). It even affects other programs in the PC.

I had to revert to 2.2.1 as some people in this forum are saying.

Please fix that disk caching issue that cause high memory usage.

I agree that this daily and sometimes twice a day updating of "stable" 3.1.2 is annoying to say the least!

I will stand for one maybe two further updates, and if this continues, I'm downgrading.

It's not just the updating that's annoying, it's that my antivirus goes crazy and starts scanning, and uTorrent itself becomes unresponsive for some time after the update. It's becoming unacceptable.

Archived