µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that such a wide array of torrent clients have implemented uTP, are there plans to drop TCP port mapping for uT clients that have only uTP enabled?

Good idea, though, in theory, this is very rare, since there is no regular option to do so, only in "Advanced"...

Maybe there should be one...

My disk overloaded issues are now gone. The only thing I did different is that I didn't install any apps.

LE: Nvm, the issue isn't gone, it still occurs with large torrents that have lots of files. It just doesn't write to disk. You have my printscreens. But there seems that a workaround is possible. When you have large torrents, follow the disk statistics and don't wait for the cache to fill up. Stop the torrent and let the cache clear. Then start the torrent again. This fixed the disk overloaded for this particular torrent. It has 10 seasons in it, every season has ~23 episodes. I only selected 46 episodes ( 2 seasons ) and I skipped the rest. Maybe it will help if you see that a stop - start fixed the issue.

I just updated to version 3.1.2 and now when I add a torrent to my queue it no longer pops up a checklist of the files so I can pick and choose which ones I want to download. It just automatically begins downloading all of them. I can't figure out how to change this in the settings so I can get it back to giving me the options to choose which files from the torrent I want to download. Can someone help me?

I reinstalled my operating system x5 for 2010. This bug age ~ 1 years. And not only for me. I'm the member of the largest Hungarian torrent site and hundreds of people said they couldn't download normally with the new uTorrents because of the disk over bug. A lots of people installed 1.7.7 because of this.

And if you type this to the forum search or Google: Disk Overload 100%

You can see, tousand of people can't download because of the bug. The latest working version is 1.7.7. (or maybe 2.2.1).

I reinstalled my operating system x5 for 2010. This bug age ~ 1 years. And not only for me. I'm the member of the largest Hungarian torrent site and hundreds of people said they couldn't download normally with the new uTorrents because of the disk over bug. A lots of people installed 1.7.7 because of this.

And if you type this to the forum search or Google: Disk Overload 100%

You can see, tousand of people can't download because of the bug. The latest working version is 1.7.7. (or maybe 2.2.1).

Rollin on 2.2.1...25302 (the last stable v.2) zero errors 15GB down so far up to 2.7MB sustained for 30 mins. all files written to hdd with no more than 10MB queued in cache out of 32MB total.

I do not see a disk problem, but I observe high (60-85%) CPU / Mem usage with downgrading upload traffic and delays in UI of other processes: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=642860#p642860 (2 pictures of CPU/Mem/IO usage by one uTorrent process with a difference of 1 day).

For now I closed uTorrent due to I can't solve this problem quickly.

Undesired/unselected files (from multi-files torrent) will be partially downloaded, and might be fully allocated if you have it set so.

For those with disk overload issues, open the advanced preferences, and set diskio.use_partfile to false.

Was there any confirmed bug/issue with it true, on some torrents? If so, any plans to just fix it in this release?

btw, I have it set to true, with no overload issues (@~15Mbps).

I've never changed diskio.use_partfile to false in uTorrent 3.0. I also never had a disk overload issue on any of the uTorrent versions since I started using the program. Don't know what the problem is on some people's computer. You should try using version 3.0 of uTorrent and see if you still have that problem.

Archived