µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

Rush, stop recommending and guiding for rollbacks.

He did not tell me anything I did not already know. He did not tell me where to find older version,anyone with half a brain is quite capable of accomplishing that themselves.:D

As I said a few posts up,I would love to use the newest version of the software,but like I and many,many others have pointed out,3.1x has cache problems,it does not function correctly.I do not want (and will not) use any other client,as they are not of the same quality utorrent is.

Hopefully this issue will be correct in a near future release.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is "switch to an earlier, unsupported version of the program" is not a valid solution. Switching to an older version to "circumvent" issues doesn't actually help solve those issues for other people.

Explained a dozen times before as to do with magnets.

On the topic of Magnet links, will it ever be possible to see the file list using them? Or is that a limitation of the format?

Yeah well you can say what you want, and do as many fixes as you like, since utorrent 2.2 all your versions have been crap.

Utorrent used to be the reference but more and more people are either changing clients or falling back on the older versions.

I would like your old quality back please and stop messing around and supposedly bettering something that works fine.

Yeah well you can say what you want, and do as many fixes as you like, since utorrent 2.2 all your versions have been crap.

Utorrent used to be the reference but more and more people are either changing clients or falling back on the older versions.

I would like your old quality back please and stop messing around and supposedly bettering something that works fine.

How much did you pay for development of µT? :/

Yeah well you can say what you want' date=' and do as many fixes as you like, since utorrent 2.2 all your versions have been crap.

I would like your old quality back please and stop messing around and supposedly bettering something that works fine.[/quote']

How much did you pay for development of µT? :/

i didn't pay shit for µT to be developed but i loved the program and now it's fucked up so don't jump on every person that states the obvious. and in the mean time the developers have been and will fix all the shit that might make a few extra bucks (µTorrent Plus crap) but why not fix the problems that'll make it useable for everyone or is that too difficult? you might have to remove a µTorrent Plus option or two i guess until you see the errors but i guess that's too much to ask?? way to go, i'm sure if money was an issue alot of people would have donated to keep a functional program including me!! :(

but why not fix the problems that'll make it useable for everyone or is that too difficult?

Don't you think they *WANT* to fix all possible issues? Apparently, it is not that easy to find the problem.

And I could not find even one(!) post here that provides the user's setup files, a link to his problematic torrent, plus - his files-selection in it, so that it can be possible or at least easier to reproduce the issue at the devs' table. :(

"Don't you think they *WANT* to fix all possible issues?"

If ISP's are throttling the developers are limited in what they can do. I notice many users that can't transfer uTP because of this. That's why I'm seriously considering to abandon it. It's not just a issue of "fixing" but also an issue of what's the most stable way to deliver traffic with all the throttling that is going on. TCP looks to me the most stable and faster way.

I know this but the issue is that many users don't know this, the developers don't help them to know this because the "force" uTP on them and the whole community suffers. The easy way for those users is to abandon uT and suddenly they see magic with their speeds.

Is there a way to downgrade to 2.2.1? I mean, will the settings screw anything up?

I guess no-one will give me a download link (the one on the forums doesn't work), but I can probably find it elsewhere. Just need to ask this question.

Is there a way to downgrade to 2.2.1?

FYI: You'll open yourself up to security issues if you downgrade.

Like what? :rolleyes:

Like have BT devs/Admins jumping all over you... very dangerous & insecure for yourself ... ;)

Is there a way to downgrade to 2.2.1?

FYI: You'll open yourself up to security issues if you downgrade.

At least I will have working client and not this piece of turd ver 3 is.

Does "Global maximum number of connections" setting work for anybody? It has value "550" for me but I continiously see in Alert log of KControl such messages:

[06/Mar/2012 14:19:46] CONNLIMIT connlimit="600" firewall="firewall.mydomain.local" hostip="192.168.35.2" hostname="192.168.35.2" time="Tue Mar 06 14:19:46 2012" username="not logged yet"

I've tried to raise the limit to 1200 connections per host - no luck, uT host has successfully reached this limit, too.

Like have BT devs/Admins jumping all over you... very dangerous & insecure for yourself ... ;)
Is this a comedy forum now? If don't know anything of value to say, tell a lame joke? What kind of argumentation is that?!?

What security holes are there in 2.2.1? The changelogs don't mention any, but that might also be due to a policy security by obscurity policy.

Does "Global maximum number of connections" setting work for anybody? It has value "550" for me but I continiously see in Alert log of KControl such messages:

[06/Mar/2012 14:19:46] CONNLIMIT connlimit="600" firewall="firewall.mydomain.local" hostip="192.168.35.2" hostname="192.168.35.2" time="Tue Mar 06 14:19:46 2012" username="not logged yet"

I've tried to raise the limit to 1200 connections per host - no luck, uT host has successfully reached this limit, too.

The client only counts open connections in its limit. Your firewall will track connections even after they're closed for a period of time, which means that the two limits won't ever match up.

Archived