µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

11kek.png

utorrent 3.1.2 build 26705

Previously, when the tracker is to give an error, the column "Tracker" changed its meaning on the next working tracker. It was very easy to sort on this column and quickly find out what trackers do not work. Now this column is not updated at all! How will the value when the program starts, and retains its value, even if you remove the tracker from the list column will still show that it works. This bug appeared in the transition from 3.0 to 3.1 :(

22fof.png

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have the crashdump? Are you using RC2?

Please email it to me if you have it, firon at utorrent dot com.

sorry, i use the last stable version of utorrent 3 (that at the moment is 3.0.1 build 25815)

and not the RC2, however i don't saw anything on the change log that mention a fix to these issues...

that why i thought that i need to tell you about them... especially now when the RC versions are been made

We're not targeting general disk i/o issues for this release. Stay tuned for the re-release of 3.1.1, where larger changes are happening.

We're not targeting general disk i/o issues for this release. Stay tuned for the re-release of 3.1.1' date=' where larger changes are happening.[/quote']

Then why release a RC? Sounds pretty pointless to me if you know of big bugs that exist but leave them in RC's. Just fix them and release as 3.1.2, why re-release older version?

We're not targeting general disk i/o issues for this release. Stay tuned for the re-release of 3.1.1' date=' where larger changes are happening.[/quote']

Then why release a RC? Sounds pretty pointless to me if you know of big bugs that exist but leave them in RC's. Just fix them and release as 3.1.2, why re-release older version?

I agree with TheSPAWN, it's strange that a older version would be more updated.

Either add the changes to 3.1.2 or call the updated 3.1.1 as 3.1.3

TheSPAWN wrote:

That was a typo. Firon meant 3.1.3 beta.

It is indeed stable. RC4 is the official stable release of 3.1.2.

Do us a favor and leave some slack in version #s for fixes in 3.1.2 ... Rename 3.1.1. to 3.1.5+/3.2 as you planed... :)

Agreed Rafi. It's a bit of a mess really, like I said it should have been renamed to 3.2 Alpha as soon as it was deemed unstable, that way they could continue on with a solid "stable" release 3.1.x

Instead it looks like they'd rather incorporate any future fixes from 3.1 into 3.2 which I don't agree with.

Sticking with a stable release (with continuing bug fixes) alongside a beta and or alpha builds ends up being a lot less issues for us end users.

I think I speak for all of us when I say we really don't wish to see a repeat of 3.1 happen again in future, thanks.

Instead it looks like they'd rather incorporate any future fixes from 3.1 into 3.2 which I don't agree with.

Sticking with a stable release (with continuing bug fixes) alongside a beta and or alpha builds ends up being a lot less issues for us end users.

I don’t agree. A stable version should not be touched unless there are critical bugs, that effect many users using it's main functions. Any change/addition in features, and especially - core code (as planned for 3.2) should be on a separate alpha-beta-RC route so to be properly tested an avoid fuck-ups ... There are endless examples here for that... :P

I think I speak for all of us when I say we really don't wish to see a repeat of 3.1 happen again in future, thanks.

It is not over yet ... ;)

It's a great thing that you got back the option to hide the sidebar. I like it very much to be able to hide it. I missed that in 3.1 after I've used it in 3.0.

Another thing: I've sent that RSS feed a long time ago and the RSS feed support is still the same. Mini-hangs are present every time the client updates that particular feed.

Archived