µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

uTorrent 3.1.2 (Build 26729) is still generating .torrent files that are poorly indexed and have non-standard hashes. Below all of this text are 2 links - 1 is for a .torrent file created using 3.1.2 of an entire directory, the other is for a .torrent file created using 3.0 of the SAME directory. I've recreated the .torrent file using 3.1.2 upon the release of each new build hoping that the issues would be corrected, however they have yet to be. You'll notice that the first link (the one that was improperly indexed) does still work, however most sites will reject posting it because of its "corruption". The other .torrent file would technically work, however it's never been used (seeded) so it won't actually work. I've just posted these for troubleshooting purposes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k250d09odwwqk5p - .torrent created in 3.1.2 (improperly indexed)

http://www.mediafire.com/?qrbvn96cx6aw1xn - .torrent created in 3.0 (properly indexed)

Some torrent sites are simply broken. The torrents are 100% valid. Please report it to the site owners to fix their torrent parsers.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it also displays the items that have been loaded as magnet links and are not started (their status: Stopped 0.0%).

0% = 100% if the size is 0 (or blank... ) so it is "complete" ... :P

I would say that adding a magnet link should be automatically followed by loading the torrent file itself. Thus' date=' problem solved...[/quote']

+1

I've suggested this a couple of times - maybe you'll have more luck rafi.

uTorrent 3.1.2 (Build 26729) is still generating .torrent files that are poorly indexed and have non-standard hashes. Below all of this text are 2 links - 1 is for a .torrent file created using 3.1.2 of an entire directory' date=' the other is for a .torrent file created using 3.0 of the SAME directory. I've recreated the .torrent file using 3.1.2 upon the release of each new build hoping that the issues would be corrected, however they have yet to be. You'll notice that the first link (the one that was improperly indexed) does still work, however most sites will reject posting it because of its "corruption". The other .torrent file would technically work, however it's never been used (seeded) so it won't actually work. I've just posted these for troubleshooting purposes.

[url']http://www.mediafire.com/?k250d09odwwqk5p - .torrent created in 3.1.2 (improperly indexed)

http://www.mediafire.com/?qrbvn96cx6aw1xn - .torrent created in 3.0 (properly indexed)

Some torrent sites are simply broken. The torrents are 100% valid. Please report it to the site owners to fix their torrent parsers.

The sites that I'm unable to post the "broken" torrent to have all been notified, and all of them are saying that the torrent itself is not "properly indexed" which is why the site is refusing it. Their sites DO, however, let me post the one that comes from uTorrent 3.0 without any problem at all. I can post every single torrent that I can make, as long as it wasn't made in 3.1.2. Anything made in 3.1.2 is un-postable to most of the popular torrent sites (ExtraTorrent being one, just as an example for you in case you want to try posting there). They're all telling me that it's a "known issue in uTorrent 3.1.2", where the hashing algorithm is not functioning properly when it creates the .torrent (and hash), and that the "fix" is to create the .torrent using uTorrent 3.0 or older (or any other program such as Tixati or Deluge).

They're all telling me that it's a "known issue in uTorrent 3.1.2", where the hashing algorithm is not functioning properly when it creates the .torrent (and hash), and that the "fix" is to create the .torrent using uTorrent 3.0 or older (or any other program such as Tixati or Deluge).

Honestly, as a tracker software developer, torrent maker developer and support staff for uTorrent, those admins are idiots running outdated tracker packages.

Newest version 26729 STILL has files hanging on Flushing To Disk, also still hangs when hash checking.

I'm dropping back 2 builds until you guys get this stuff straightened out.

Sorry if it seems rude, but there seems to be more effort being put into + and extra stuff that uT *DOESN'T* need - things that can easily be done as plug-ins for those who don't want them.

3.1x has, so far, been a COMPLETE bust - from cache problems, to hangs, etc.

===

Also noticed that the new build does NOT shut down properly - you can close it but the executable is still running in the background. Nothing kills the task either - a re-boot is required.

My thoughts exactly. This should still be in beta and 3.01 should be relisted as the stable. This isn't going to happen of course they'll work on fixing 3.1.x. I don't recommend this version to anyone. Stick with 3.01 or 2.x

I'd really love to see a search that you could use within a torrent. Finding particular files in a torrent by looking through the list can be quite time consuming, especially with large torrents.

Honestly, as a tracker software developer, torrent maker developer and support staff for uTorrent, those admins are idiots running outdated tracker packages.

That's true. This issue can easily be fixed but most of the trackers do not accept 3.1x torrent files because other torrent clients can't handle or ignore these new fields. I really don't know why the staff here doesn't understand that those fields are useless and return to the old format.

The RSS Downloader is still bugged and the update of the RSS feeds still cause mini-hangs. One would think that these bugs can be easily fixed or

those admins are idiots
. Your words, not mine.

FWIW, dropped back to uTorrent v3_0 (Build 25583) x86 and my speeds are back up, no hanging, no Flushing problems, no hash checking problems, and no ridiculous CPU usage.

SOMEONE needs to take several steps back and evaluate where things went wrong - it's not up for debate, things DID go wrong. Maybe there are bugs in uTorrent v3_0 (Build 25583) x86, but in trying to fix them, MORE bugs (and more SERIOUS bugs) were introduced. Step back from the 3.1 branch and evaluate a 3.0 to 3.2 transition - just my humble designer advice.

That's true. This issue can easily be fixed but most of the trackers do not accept 3.1x torrent files because other torrent clients can't handle or ignore these new fields. I really don't know why the staff here doesn't understand that those fields are useless and return to the old format.

Ignoring the new fields is proper behavior and does not cause the torrent to not work. There's no valid reason to reject the torrents based on them having these fields. If the client chokes for having those fields, THAT client should be banned for improper behavior, not uTorrent.

I am not too clever at these kind of things, so this is probably a simple question. I have just installed v3.1.2 and now in the main window I don't see "Seeds; Peers; Uploaded & Ratio." Is there any way to restore those fields to the main window? I know I can click on a specific file and view the "info" to see these things. It's not all that convenient! It's just something that I miss.

Ignoring the new fields is proper behavior and does not cause the torrent to not work. There's no valid reason to reject the torrents based on them having these fields. If the client chokes for having those fields, THAT client should be banned for improper behavior, not uTorrent.

uTorrent isn't banned, just the torrent file created with it because of many complaints from people that use rTorrent on their seedboxes. There's now a stalemate, none of the developers wanting to modify their client to suit the other client's needs. You don't want to remove those fields, they don't want to ignore the fields and the users are caught in the middle. Over 90% of home users use uTorrent and over 90% of seedbox owners have rTorrent. I think that there is time for a compromise, be the bigger man kind of thing and think who is gonna suffer from these decisions. The developers couldn't care less, the tracker owners as well and there are the users that can't use their favorite client. Anyway, I'm hoping that you'll understand what I wanted to say and this will be my last post regarding this matter.

Hi,

i have been using utorrent for more then 2 years now, then i installed 3.1.2 and it was a big mistake : i have a disk overloaded 100% error and. i noticed that many people have this problem for a long time now and no fix.

anyway where can i find the link for the old utorrent 2.2.1, i mean i can't download anything with 3.1.2 !

Ignoring the new fields is proper behavior and does not cause the torrent to not work. There's no valid reason to reject the torrents based on them having these fields. If the client chokes for having those fields' date=' THAT client should be banned for improper behavior, not uTorrent.[/quote']

uTorrent isn't banned, just the torrent file created with it because of many complaints from people that use rTorrent on their seedboxes. There's now a stalemate, none of the developers wanting to modify their client to suit the other client's needs. You don't want to remove those fields, they don't want to ignore the fields and the users are caught in the middle. Over 90% of home users use uTorrent and over 90% of seedbox owners have rTorrent. I think that there is time for a compromise, be the bigger man kind of thing and think who is gonna suffer from these decisions. The developers couldn't care less, the tracker owners as well and there are the users that can't use their favorite client. Anyway, I'm hoping that you'll understand what I wanted to say and this will be my last post regarding this matter.

Every single client can handle the torrents just fine, honestly. It's just rtorrent.

We'll see what exactly makes rtorrent break and we'll consider what to do based on that.

Hi,

i have been using utorrent for more then 2 years now, then i installed 3.1.2 and it was a big mistake : i have a disk overloaded 100% error and. i noticed that many people have this problem for a long time now and no fix.

anyway where can i find the link for the old utorrent 2.2.1, i mean i can't download anything with 3.1.2 !

Turn off disable Windows caching for reads and writes in the disk cache preferences.

Another bug I reported somewhere for version 3.1 or later is still there: the randomly not updated/ changed status from "Moving" to "[F] Seeding" still occurs' date=' except it happens even more randomly than before.[/quote']

I stand corrected: it happens even more often. At the moment 16 out of 18 torrents that finished are still "stuck" with the "Moving" status even though the files are already moved for hours. :(

I second this. I just updated my utorrent to 3.1.2 (26729) and also added 12 new torrents. Now 11 finished but 3 of the 11 are stuck in "moving". I never see the "moving" state before but I believe it just move the files from the temp folder to the corresponding label folders. I still have some files to download so I can't exit/restart utorrent yet and see if the state is still stuck. But anyway, there is definitely a bug, although a relatively small one.

Have to say. Ive used utorrent since god i dont recall how long ago. And now when I updated to 3.1.2 (as my yee old faithfull client suggested (damm cant recall what version it was) Its the worst part of software Ive ever seen. Im sorry to say but wha wha what happened ? I mean i had to dig down and google some old old versions to get my system working again... Hopefully these issues will be fixed asap aka rollback a client version to get people a working client ==> re check things ==> re-release fixed version. I tried all what i had for disk overloading and cache issues and even finishing a download couldnt be done so this is not a small thing and many others face similar issues.

Archived