µTorrent 3.1.2 stable (26821)

Firon

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i think this is the place i should be asking this. After i downloaded the 3.1.2 version i've been unable to torrent anything. I've looked around on some other places but nobody has been able to give a solution that worked, so here's the problem. The 'availability' line is only red and shows 0.000. The DHT is also showing 'waiting to log in'. The last time i hadthis problem ijust uninstalled the program and then installed it again, but that didn't work this time. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi' date='

i have been using utorrent for more then 2 years now, then i installed 3.1.2 and it was a big mistake : i have a disk overloaded 100% error and. i noticed that many people have this problem for a long time now and no fix.

anyway where can i find the link for the old utorrent 2.2.1, i mean i can't download anything with 3.1.2 ![/quote']

Turn off disable Windows caching for reads and writes in the disk cache preferences.

I did as you mentioned but it didn't work, not only that before i noticed the disk overload problem when i started using utorrent 3.1.2 i added some torrent witch i downloaded with version 2.2.1 to continue seeding them and one of them in particular (in witch i downloaded only one file of 6) showed 99.7 % after utorrent 3.1.2 has checked it wich is odd because the file was completed and seeding in 2.2.1, after that utorrent 3.1.2 started it downloading it and then showed an error message and stopped the torrent. this shows that 3.1.2 is not checking and downloading torrents correctly in addition to the disk overloaded problem.

So please where can i download utorrent 2.2.1 ?

*sigh* I knew updating would be a huge mistake, but this is what I get for not checking it out and blindly pressing "yes"... Seriously, what's with the UI changes every version? I just updated from 2.2.1 (using a skin for the even older version) after receiving a prompt for it, and to my disgust everything's changed. The download % bars are changed amongst other things and I'm even more confused than I was after the update to the 2.* UI. After browsing for half an hour to find 2.2.1 for a downgrade, I discover that after doing it, the languages are mixed up (I always had uTorrent set to Bulgarian, but now the non-essential parts of the UI (e.g. seeding, downloading etc.) are now in English while the rest is in Bulgarian like it should be... can I even fix *that* or do I have to bear with it? Sorry if this has been talked about but I'm so enraged about it right now that I don't even feel like searching...

/rant

*sigh* I knew updating would be a huge mistake, but this is what I get for not checking it out and blindly pressing "yes"... Seriously, what's with the UI changes every version? I just updated from 2.2.1 (using a skin for the even older version) after receiving a prompt for it, and to my disgust everything's changed. The download % bars are changed amongst other things and I'm even more confused than I was after the update to the 2.* UI. After browsing for half an hour to find 2.2.1 for a downgrade, I discover that after doing it, the languages are mixed up (I always had uTorrent set to Bulgarian, but now the non-essential parts of the UI (e.g. seeding, downloading etc.) are now in English while the rest is in Bulgarian like it should be... can I even fix *that* or do I have to bear with it? Sorry if this has been talked about but I'm so enraged about it right now that I don't even feel like searching...

/rant

Just go back to 3.1.2. It's really not that different.

Just go back to 3.1.2. It's really not that different.

I know it's not that different, but as a person who hates change every little difference from what I'm used to irritates me an awful lot and I go rage mode and in turn start annoying people >_> (heh, sorry about that..) Actually I never asked, is there any skin for it that makes it like the old ones? I know there was one when the icons/etc got changed with version 2.*something*

yes they are disable(default settings) just like in utorrent 3.0............
I don't see any special settings in your screenshots. Maybe something else in your OS/system was changed.............

this two settings are disabled by default in ut 3.0 & 3.1.2 but in ut 3.1 disable windows caching of disk writes was enabled by default....nothing changed in my os(only win updates' date='nothing changed in HDD settings) you said that I have good results (from the screenshot) have you tested this version of ut at high speeds (down/upload)???

904248174100415.jpg

Is there any way to 'undo' the update? I just updated mine and I HATE this new version. It doesn't tell me what is in the que to download, what downloaded when, I can't see how long something has been seeding or what the ratio is. I have 1000's of things seeding and due to the size of my harddrive, I have to take things off once they reach a certain point or are at least 2 months old and i can't tell. It tells me pretty much SQUAT. When something downloads, I have to go hunt it because it doesn't put it at the bottom... I just like the other version better and don't want to have to back date my computer to retrieve it.:(

This is a bit weird, but here is what helps me. This steps take effect while downloading directly to a USB storage. Maybe there is a fix for the computer drives too, but I don't know it. I succeed to solve the problem a few times - once by installing the 2.2.1 version (it worked with no problem, even more, the uninstalled 3.1.2 started to work with no errors too), but the something went wrong again, and the "disk overload" problem appeared again, both in 2.2.1 and 3.1.2. After this I tried many things, but nothing helped, and as I can see, this problem appears randomly, without any possibility (at least for me) to know the reason. But here's a step that helped all the time:

1. Start download directly to a USB drive

2. Wait until the "disk overload 100%" and shut down (unmount, remove, disconnect) the drive

3. The uTorrent will show an error, but DO NOT shutdown the uTorrent

4. Wait for a little

5. ...

6. ...

7. ...

8. Turn on (mount, insert, connect) the drive back again

Off course, this is a temporary solution, until the devs come with a shining fix :)

Overload at the beginning of the torrent means that the client is busy allocating the file. Just be patient. USB drives are much slower too, so this first step can take a LOT longer.

What I meant, was I couldn't download to the computer drive because of the "overload" problem. That's why I came up with the USB and "USB drive restart" solution.

Right click on the column header and you can re-add the various columns.

Thank you. We do not like change. I fight it with every inch of my being.

We often change stuff, but we make it possible to revert to the old look in almost every case, since there's always some users that don't like what we do.

You can even split the done and status columns if you hate it so with an Advanced option. :)

Archived