I read the linksys faq, and bought the shirt, but no results

Geeb

I have a linksys 2.2 router, Cable connection, I've Installed the hyperWRT + tofu 13c (On windows xp sp2)

And the script

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts

echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_responses

echo "600 1800 120 60 120 120 10 60 30 120" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_tcp_timeouts

Was enterd at startup.

But, I'm still getting very slow download speeds on Utorrent. 0.5-22 kpbs, no higher. I'm looking for some idea's as how to approach this and get my downloads boosted.

QUICK, GIVE ME A BOARD TO BANG MY HEAD ON, OH WAIT, I'M ALREADY ON BOARD. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Ok, could someone please explain internal static i.p's and external ones? I thought, they're all the same.

I just have to forward the port, just like it's listed on portforward.com

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/Utorrent.htm

Sorry, I thought, I read everything in the faq, you had, I knew, I missed something.

Ok, a sub question, I guess, could I add portforwarding to tofu, and not hurt it? I really don't mind portforwarding as long as it's not affecting my external network provided I.P address.

Thanks, sorry for the trouble.

Ignore all the instructions there except for how to forward the port, since a static IP isn't necessary. Just forward to whatever IP you have. It won't affect your external IP obviously, since the router has that, not your PC.

Ok, I forwarded the port, but the light is still yellow? Is it going to turn green or remain yellow?

Hey, Firon, the light turned red, and I'm still downloading?

Will forwarded ports turn the light green perhaps?

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port XX on XX.XX.XXX.XXX...

Error! Port XX does not appear to be open.

Nope, it's not.

When, I said I forwarded the ports, I didn't assign static i.p's to them, ........yet. I just went to the port forwarding thing on my router and enterd in said variables.

Firon, I never shut off the Upnp service in my router would that be safe for my network? (virus & spyware wise) I know nothing of it, but I'm checking beforehand.

And, yes I do have zonealarm activated on high, would that block it?

HAHAHA, ok, well, were getting places, my light just turned green when I allowed zone alarm access through the firewall.

Thanks plenty, Fireon.

Ok, a working summary, I allowed access through my firewall, and I corrected the i.p address in port forwarding, I had the last digit as 1 instead of 100, I thought the two would be interchangable, silly me.

Is the disable of Upnp dangerous?

• 1 month later...

Archived