Some torrents not downloading, others ok...

manny_avatar

Dear fellow Users and Admins... sorry to bother you but...

I have a problem where some torrents connect and download fine, (open office is one example, also some shows and music). But some other, well seeded and public torrents do not (things like popular shows):

Trackers show the following errors:

Connection timed out

Failure: Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

DHT shows as perpetually waiting for announce

Local peer discovery and Peer exchange show as "working".

I have already downloaded lots of stuff on this connection, and to my knowledge changed no settings that should influence this (I have been a utorrent user for around 4/5 years now).

Things I have tried:

1. Re-installing utorrent

2. Delete dat. files and restart.

3. Banging head on keyboard

4. Swearing at the wife

5. Leaving connection open for several days to see if DHT actually connects, and UDP trackers are just "busy".

Just to be extra clear, I can download one version of a popular show torrent and it won't start, but another one with different trackers will come down at a blazing speed... so it is not ISP or firewall issue, maybe some configuration?

Manny

Connection timed out

Failure: Requested download is not authorized for use with this tracker.

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

First and third message mean tracker's down.

Second message means that tracker should have never been used in the first place for that torrent.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Thanks DWK, understood...

The second error... someone has added a tracker they are not supposed to, I can understand.... it looks like it is a valid error message.

But the other two are very popular/common trackers, ie:

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80

If they really were down... then, I get the feeling many more people would be complaining. As you probably know, these trackers run all the material for huge sites like TPB and eztv.it so I am thinking it is a problem at my end.

Do you have any idea what may change that would stop these trackers connecting, and yet mean other trackers are fine?

This problem came up a couple of weeks ago and now I've given up trying to find my own solution! Any guesses welcome. :D

Archived