Quick questions about 3.1.2

ridley1000

Hi, I've recently upgraded to the newest stable version from a quite older version, something like 2.1.X according to Windows, and I have a few questions I can't seem to find through help files or through the options. Such a big jump to a new UI has left me kind of confused!

1. Can I still somehow view the amount of seeders and leechers through the list of torrents being downloaded? It still gives me the various details such as speed but nothing to do with the amount of leechers or seeders for each individual torrent.

2. When I download a torrent and open it in the program I used to be able to select what files individually from a torrent I would like to download. This screen no longer appears. I know it's possible to do this after loading the torrent in the info pane but I'd really appreciate a quicker way to do this like in the older versions.

Hope I've posted in the correct area and I'm not missing some ridiculously obvious things, help greatly appreciated! :)

Glad to see your question. I came to the forum to ask the same.

I'm not liking the new Utorrent 3.1.2. The programmers changed "seeders" and "peers", now it's "health". It's a way to simplify or treat new users like dumbs.

"We don't need to explain what are seeders and peers. Let them just see the torrent status."

Also, I didn't like that banner asking to upgrade. This is just to make money. They have nothing to offer.

Why do I need AV protection? I don't even use anti virus in Windows XP.

Why do I need Media Player HD? There are hundreds in the internet, for free. VLC plays everything.

Why do I need a converter and remote access program?

Utorrent is getting too commercial.

I shouldn't have accepted the upgrade, didn't know it would be a retrocession. Probably I'll downgrade or look for Utorrent alternatives. Everything has an end.

2. When I download a torrent and open it in the program I used to be able to select what files individually from a torrent I would like to download. This screen no longer appears. I know it's possible to do this after loading the torrent in the info pane but I'd really appreciate a quicker way to do this like in the older versions.

You still can select what files you want to download. When to click on a link to download a torrent, it shows you the dialogue box that asks you where you want to save the torrent. At the bottom left corner of the dialogue box you see a box you can click to see more of the window. The resulting box is what you were looking for I think.

• 3 weeks later...

However, AFAIK we can only view the Seed/Peer Ratio as opposed to the old version where we had more info on the no of seeds and peers available as well as no of seeds and peers we are connected to. While I don't really mind having the Seed/Peer Ratio option, I still prefer the older method. But that's just me.

However, AFAIK we can only view the Seed/Peer Ratio as opposed to the old version where we had more info on the no of seeds and peers available as well as no of seeds and peers we are connected to. While I don't really mind having the Seed/Peer Ratio option, I still prefer the older method. But that's just me.

Really? so the column 'seeds' and the column 'peers' must just be my imagination then...

hmm, no wait, what's actually happened is you've started moaning, before you've actually bothered to do what you've already been told to do. how nice of you

Archived