Add Torrent(choose save directory) not working in 3.1.2

Heibi

I just updated to 3.1.2 and now the choose directory option isn't working. You can doubleclick and it will automatically go to "downloads". If I actually select a directory to send the torrent to it doesn't even start the download.

This is the Ctl+D function. You go through the steps of trying to tell utorrent where to put the download and it does absolutely nothing(i.e. the torrent doesn't even appear on your list.)

It was working before I updated.

So far, the only way to get the torrent to save where I want it to go is to go into preferences and manually tell it where to save. You must do this for every torrent. Before, you could have several torrents selected and designate each one via the Ctl-D function.

That doesn't affect my not being able to use "Ctl-D" or the file pull down menu option of "Add Torrent(choose save directory)". It is the second option you can use on the "File" menu selection at the left top of the utorrent screen. To be clear on what I'm trying to do - I'm trying to tell the torrent where to save before I start downloading it. The view I see is the one with tons of choices one the bar above the torrents you have active.

I go through all the steps. The option under the File Menu is there in either view. I click on Add Torrent(choose save directory)" option, it opens a window to select the torrent I wish to start, then after selecting the torrent it opens up the window where I am able to select the folder I wish to put it in and then after confirming the folder I get no download and no indication of one. The torrent simply doesn't start or appear on the list.

There are two views I can toggle between - the one I use has all the data(all the columns) plus a play button all t he way over on the right side that I can't see without scrolling over. The other is the one with only the "Play" button on the right hand side of the torrent screen and no details such as upload and download speeds.

• 1 year later...

3.3 (29625)

When i set the directory to [folder 2] of a drive it saves in [folder 1], if i select [folder 3] it saves in [folder 2].

Can someone confirm this or is this a fault in my installation? (in was a clean install, no update)

Archived