Latest version - Disk overload all the time

lonewolf77

Downgrading directly to uTorrent 3.0 Build 25460 "solves" it, no disk overloads then. Same settings.

I went all the way back to last stable ver. 2.... (2.2.1 build #25302) few others I know did as well... except for the streaming/player differences and GUI... I don't notice anything different except that it WORKS every-time... no errors with exact same settings as I had on 3.1.2. Looking forward to an all new version coming to your computer near you ETA? :cool:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever works for you mate.

Think this whole thing is a bit silly tho, hopefully it will be sorted out soon? :rolleyes:

Could you elaborate.... ? I'ts not a big secret looking at numerous the posts... that what wasn't working before works error free with a rollback... what's "silly" about that ?

Using a program that ain't working with the features I and others need to use... is by definition "silly," when the rollback only takes about a minute. If it 's working for you congratulations, there are no shortage of very computer savvy dudes to which this is the only solution until the new version comes out..... mate !!!! :cool:

Oh i agree, i mean its silly that this bug was introduced in the first place :)

Got it... sorry for responding a little aggresive... maybe it got lost in the translation... or could be my meds :D

Fly by night, away from here

Change my life again

Rush.....

I do have a question for you.

Are you skipping large files? In particular, are they >4GB?

We're actually having a bit of trouble reproducing this. Do you have any .torrent files that exhibit this reliably?

We're actually having a bit of trouble reproducing this. Do you have any .torrent files that exhibit this reliably?

I just started using utorrent, and decided to read about this problem that I'm also having, however I'd like to point out that I got a 6.4 GB file with no problems the night before last at speeds of about 3 MB/s, usually at 3.5 but went as low as 1.8, no disk overload, and if it weren't for the frequent overload issue, I would say that I haven't had download speeds as good on any other bittorrent client.

Are you skipping large files? In particular' date=' are they >4GB?

We're actually having a bit of trouble reproducing this. Do you have any .torrent files that exhibit this reliably?[/quote']

I just started using utorrent, and decided to read about this problem that I'm also having, however I'd like to point out that I got a 6.4 GB file with , I would say that I haven't had download speeds as good on any other bittorrent client.

Had a little trouble understanding your post.... could just be me.... but primarily this part " no disk overload, and if it weren't for the frequent overload issue"... you were having no disk overload issues?...and then frequent issues...? I think that's what your saying... post back if you get a chance.

• 2 months later...

with version 3.X i was also getting the disk overload with percentages going from 45-100% speed would then drop from 500k-2.5Mbit to 10k .... tried removing dat files saw that recommended and it worked for a little while for me 3 days or so. an upgrade occured, allowed it to upgrade and problem came back. tried removing dat files again but this time that did not fix the problem. during the time disk overload is occuring computer becomes unusable for even web browsing. rebooted computer and equipment newest version rocked for exactly 15 minutes 2.5Mbit and then the disk overload problem hit killing speed. i have gone back to version 2.2.1 the speed with it is dependable 500k-2.5Mbit and the computer is usable for other internet activity. i'm not complaining i honestly love the client (other than this slight new issue) and am just trying to be informative on what is happening and not disparaging to the client or creators, i'm hoping informed developers can help fix this issue.

I'm having this problem also. Since the 3.1.3 update I get disk overloaded almost all the time when downloading followed by a random freeze in the program. Have to close uTorrent in task manager. This needs fixing!!!
Try running 3.2. Also, don't skip files, or turn off diskio.use_partfile.

Maybe - just don't try to download anything and you'll be fine... :P

Seriously, Firon... there is a reason for having some of those features... ;)

Solution for Disk Overload 100%

my Ver: -- 2012-05-10: Version 3.1.3 stable (build 27207)

lastly, after i had tried so many setting & found out main reason is cause by skip a file in torrent.

if u tick all & not skip any text/photo file in torrent u open, it's resume normal d/load speed without pop up Disk Overload 100% anymore :)

bcos if the size reach 32MB of cache in Write Statistics will pop up Disk Overload 100%

have somebody can tell me how to place a screenshot in here? so i can show u the pic.

thanks Rafi

http://www.imagebam.com/image/08116b191181866

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded 3.2 beta and the problom seem to stop but like other said u cant skip files which kinda sucks if ur only looking to get 1 file out of ur torrent u got. I did have to change the disk cache up to 68 other then that Utorrent seems to be running good and fast hope u can fix this error soon tho:)

The problem stil exist (tried both 3.1.3 and now the 3.2 beta build 27295 32 bit)

I noticed the following.

There is always a problem with diskoverload when downloading single big files in a torrent. RAR arhives seems to work better when the files are split in smaller filesizes.

I've have tested 1 gb and up. If I pause the torrent or stop it before it reach 32 Mb in cache, it get stuck there, the file writing never begins.

Hope this can help in someway to fix the problem;)

Update 1: It took 15 minutes before the cache wrote to the file even dough the torrent was stopped.

Update 2: Seems go on smooth when the file have been created.

I just upgraded as prompted to 3.1.3 (build 27327).

Noticed immediately that a download which had been going rapidly suddenly dropped to a uniform 0.4 for all peers (strange). Then I noticed Disk Overload, and looked it up on here. At the end of the download, which picked up a little in speed, the message concerned flushing, which took 5 or so minutes. When I examined the download, it had not completed properly.

Shame. Always been a very reliable program. Will have to roll back.:(

I've noticed that it still happens with uTorrent 3.2 (build 27343) especially when you get speeds over 2 MB/s per torrent. No matter how many torrents you have running at the time. It is not as frequent as it was with the earlier 3.x versions, but it was very rare with the 2.x versions.

Personally I'm running it on a RAID-5 with Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD103SJ 32MB 1TB discs and that can handle more read/write requests then the 3.x can deliver right now.

I've also noticed that sometimes when uTorrent has finished downloading a stream and then moves it to my save location (with labels) it creates a folder called "Hidden" and moves the downloaded files there, instead of the Labeled folder specified.

it still happens with uTorrent 3.2 (build 27343)

Did you notice is it happens for single-file torrents as well ? What is your advanced->cache size set to ? What you have set in General->preallocate files?

• 2 weeks later...

On 3.2 build 27434 and some earlier builds some torrents would just fill the disk cache and never write to disk. I fixed it by unchecking Enable caching of disk writes under Advanced - Disk Cache. Even this uses cache, e.g. X kB of 0.0 kB, but the queue actually writes to file. This could be the worst current bug in uTorrent imo.

This is where it recurred: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=295063 but I'm not sure individual torrents are the problem.

Advanced - Disk Cache settings were all checked, except for the two "Disable Windows caching" options. I had also manually set the cache to 128 MB and higher, because I have the RAM. In the past even if I had more cache then file it wouldn't write with this bug.

I also tried toggling diskio.use_partfile to false as suggested but it didn't work. I kept that as false and turned off "Enable caching of disk writes" and readded the torrent and that worked.

I don't see any issue here, except this torrent has almost no good seeds-sources. So it is just going slow, to dead... :P

Try with a good torrent, that has a fair chance for getting the data... ;)

And as for the cache settings - try the recommendations/tips at my sig...

Archived