WTF did you guys do to your software?

cubbiesfan

Ever since the recent updates, this software has been running like shit. There's so much that doesn't work now. The priority queuing doesn't work anymore. Before, if I had 20 downloads queued and set uTorrent to only download 5 items at a time, items 1-5 would get downloaded. If I moved an item up into the top 5, that item would start downloading and the item that fell to 6 would stop downloading.

Now, I don't know what the fuck the software is doing. It downloads whatever the hell it feels like.

Oh hoooray! My speeds went from 1000k down to 40k for no apparent reason.

lol, sorry to hear about your issues. I dont know what they did or if there are bugs that need to be fixed but you could always just revert back to the old software for the mean time, at least until they get things sorted. I specifically did NOT run the new update for this reason..I always wait at least 2-3 months until they come out with a second or third version of the update and you can just check on the utorrent webpage. I dont think I could deal with that type of sacrifice on speed so I would just roll back the software to the previous version. What specific version of utorrent are u running?

you could always just revert back to the old software for the mean time

Not supported. Don't recommend this.

If the new version isnt working and the old version worked fine for him why wouldnt he revert back???? Who cares if its not supported? The poor guy is not enjoying the new software so he had every right to go back to something that worked. There is no utorrent law that states you have to have a certain software? So why cant he go back? Why cant I recommend that? Your post seems somewhat superfluous.

Archived