Cannot download anything

mtba44

Hi, i'm new here, so bear with me.

I downloaded uTorrent 3.1.1 a couple weeks ago, it performed perfectedly with decent download speeds. I decided to upgrade to uTorrentPlus 3.1.2 ($24.99) three days ago, since then, I haven't been able to dowload anything.

I ran the Setup Guide, Bandwidth checks green with around 600kbs.

The Network checked yellow, Results: port is not open, but it also reads: (you are still able to download). I haven't been able to download anything.

I'm not very computer literate when it come to configuring devices. If I hadn't gone ahead purchased the upgrade, I would have just dropped ut, & find another torrent client. I would be grateful for some easy help.

Thanks,

jp77

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

AVG always asks if to allow utorrent, I click yes. Asks every time I open utorrent program.

I tried downloading a couple of torrents that I had downloaded with the standard utorrent which averaged around 100 kbs, was not able to download these two same files.

jp77

Not yet, next time it pops up, I'll do this as well as Window's firewall.

I recall, while running the standard, version of utorrent, in: options/preferences/connection/proxy server/type: this bos was filled in, uncertain which server type, but I recall I was able to choose which options I wanted under: Proxy server & under: Proxy privacy. For this torrent upgrade, the field for Proxy server type: now reads: none.

I few minutes ago, I went ahead and tried downloading a couple more previously downloaded torrents from the standard uT from last week, for the first time, I am now able to download these two torrents. These last four previously downloaded torrents, on this torrent site, had no #seeders display.

I ran the setup guide for the Network Test, it still shows: “Port is not open”. jp77

Archived