The "Add New Torrent" panel doesn't work

pneveu

I found a few issues with the "Add New Torrent" panel.

1. The Cancel button doesn't work. If you press the Cancel button, the torrent will still be added. Even worst, if you leave the panel open and don't press the Ok or Cancel buttons, you will be able to see your torrent in the downloading section.

2. The "Torrent Contents" options doesn't work. If you don't select all the items in the list, all the items are still going to be downloaded.

This functionality used to work at one point, I'm not sure since which version this functionality has been broken. I would suspect since the version 3.0.

Regards,

Phelippe

I have just upgraded to the latest stable version which is version 3.1.2 build 26763 and I can still reproduce the problem.

The problem doesn't seem to be reproducible if I use the "File -> Add Torrent..." menu item. The problem might be related to the preferences I have setup. The torrents I download are automatically opened using uTorrent. So when I download a torrent file, uTorrent takes the keyboard focus and the "Add New Torrent" panel opens. If I then look in the downloading section before doing anything in that panel, I can see that the torrent was already added.

Here are my "Directories" preferences:

* Put new downloads in: D:\Downloads

* Store .torrents in: D:\Torrents

* Automatically load .torrents from: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads

* Delete loaded .torrents

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Phelippe

Here is what I would like to achieve:

1. I want to be prompted with the "Add New Torrent" dialog, so that I can choose which files I want to download using the "Torrent Contents" options.

2. I want the torrent to be deleted from my user Download directory and be moved to my D:\Torrents directory so that I don't get a bunch of torrent files in my user Download directory.

The only way I can achieve #1 is by disabling the "Automatically load torrents from" preference and the only way I can achieve #2 is by enabling the "Automatically load torrents from" preference.

I can see 3 different ways how to achieve this:

1. Change the "Automatically load .torrents from:" option to use the "Add New Torrent" dialog. You could always use the "Don't show this again" check box if you don't want to be prompted.

2. Add a new preference to the "Store .torrents in:" section which would be "Delete loaded .torrents".

3. Add a new preference to the "Automatically load .torrents from:" section which would be "Use the Add New Torrent dialog when automatically loading torrents".

Cheers,

Phelippe

Archived