Moving HDD to a new Computer and retaining Torrent file locations

DionJL

I've been using uTorrent on my Laptop with two external HDDs holding all my media/torrents (~1600 torrents). I have just built a HTPC/Seed computer that I'd like to get uTorrent up and running on with all my old torrents. I backed up the torrent data via %AppData%\uTorrent on my laptop. I've made sure the HDDs kept the same drive letter once installed in the new PC. I pasted the backup data into the AppData folder, however when I open uTorrent none of my setting nor any torrents are there. There is obviously a step I'm missing. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. Could i possibly have different builds of uTorrent? I'm pretty sure I'm running 2.2.1 on both computers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I figured out my issue. When I set up the OS on the new HTPC I needed to have an identical username to the Laptop that previously ran uTorrent. I found that changing the name once the account has been created is only a cosmetic change and that to fix the problem I needed to create a new account with the proper name as was used on the Laptop. Once I did this I transfered the app files to where the belonged and; voila! Everything where it needed to be, and settings how they should be. Hopefully this helps if anyone is searching for a solution in the future. The three keys are:

1. Backup %AppData%\uTorrent

2. Use the same username as on the old computer

3. Make sure the drive letters remain the same (they can be changed)

Archived