Really low speeds. Please help.

koda_debug

I did everything in the sticky at the top, and then tried to download the OpenOffice torrent and still only got ~1kB/s download speed. Here is my information:

Computer:

Windows XP SP2

1.6Ghz CPU

192MB RAM

Connection:

512kB/s ADSL

Downstream 444 Kbps (55.5 KB/sec) 479 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Upstream 240 Kbps (30.0 KB/sec) 259 Kbps (inc. overheads)

From http://www.adslguide.org/tools/speedtest.asp

uTorrent (1.5) Settings:

1lymm89gg5i7.jpg

8u09qulmrm5a.jpg

cqgz47ctdvjs.jpg

7gm1kayrievc.jpg

Extra information:

I am behind a router, with port forwarding set up correctly. I get the green light most of the time. There are no other messages in the status bar (besides speeds, etc).

Hopefully someone can help me :-)

Thanks in advance

-K

That seems to have made a bit of difference, for the OpenOffice torrent atleast. It's now floating around 12kB/s. The other torrent I'm downloading is still at about 2kB/s, but maybe it's just a bad torrent?

Are these the kind of speeds I should expect for uTorrent on my connection, or should I still be getting faster speeds?

take off checks in listening port: Enable UPnP and Firewall

better use port 50000, change NAT for port 50000 tcp and udp on your router to,

disable windows-firewall or uninstall any other software-firewall, let only your router-firewall work,

be sure to get green light,

in bandwith limit:max up 19 is ok, disable check alternate upload, change download to 0

Protocoll Encrpyt ENABLED,

set global maximum number of connections to 500 and max nr of con peers p torrent to 100,

if you have a cheap router, that hangs off after while, reduce connectionn to 400 or even 300,

if the router still hangs, open your window and kick off,

enjoy your speed

P.S. raise your RAM to 512, utorrent don't need it, but windows xp,

than get better bandwith and soon a bigger harddisk

Um. No... why would you suggest that he set the number of connections that high? Most of the settings you suggested don't apply for his connection speed anyway, so leaving the job of configuring to the Speed Guide works best.

And he already gets green light, so the firewall isn't causing inconnectability.

It's already a well-known fact that increasing connections will increase overhead. The speed of transfer doesn't determine the number of ACKs (and is often the other way around if you have a lot of ACK packets). The number of connections does directly affect the number of ACK packets being sent, and your settings would just make it higher. Like I said, the Speed Guide already configures the settings to approximately optimal.

Fine, I misworded it. I had meant to say it doesn't affect overhead as much as having too many connections.

1 connection going at 400KiB/s

300 connections going at 100KiB/s (hypothetical)

Which one looks like more overhead?

Edit: Er, meant to write overhead instead of ACK.

@ koda_debug

your spec is just like mine; patch your TCPIP.sys file; Net.max halfopen = 70

Set Protocol Encryption to Enabled and allow incoming legacy connection

use the speed guide (Ctrl G)

On a good torrent you can get average 50-60kB/s

• 4 weeks later...

Archived