Watching videos in utorrent using "play" option

c4p

First of all I just want to say the latest release is really well done...possibly the best version of uTorrent yet!

I really dig the option to play a video/audio file within utorrent itself, however i'm having a few issues with it.

Once you click "PLAY" on a file that's finished downloading, it opens up a now playing tab and the video starts. Then if you were to click for example, downloads or completed after clicking play, the video and the now playing tab disappears. Is it possible to keep whatever is playing while using other areas of Utorrent at the same time? Also how do you fast forward/rewind a video after clicking PLAY? It loads windows media within uTorrent, but there's no progress bar or anything.

And one final question....is there a way to set the embedded video player in uTorrent to VLC instead of Windows media player? I selected VLC in the settings, however after I click play it just loads VLC separately and it's not embedded in uTorrent.

Thanks a lot in advance

You can't change the embedded player, but you can make it load an external player, as you did.

And because of the way it works, it's not really possible to have it keep playing while using another section of the client...

but perhaps it can be improved to keep the last played position or something.

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Would be nice in future releases if you could! I really like the idea of having an all in 1 torrent program where you can download and watch what you downloaded at the same time within the 1 program. Surprised nothing like it has been done until now...makes keeping track of files and everything much easier IMO...not really a big deal though.

Thanks again for the info

Archived