Speed limitation does not work (3.1.2 26773)

thesourcehim

That doesn't show me what I asked for.

oops i missed that since there was no "preferences>bandwidth" as i usually see on a tech forum... my bad

Since the previous image clearly shows the utorrent ignoring the upload/download caps in the statusbar at bottom of window here is the preferences image to go with it

th_preferences-bandwidth.jpg

Mad, the likely cause of your issue is the number of torrents you have active. Your main screenshot shows a LOT of torrents that could be causing protocol overhead issues.

Heh that would be great .. but since the issue started i have locked it to 1 torrent at a time .. i spend 4 hours a day downloading and 6 a day uploading to try to balance with whats already a crappy connection and bandwidth cap.

If you look at the original ss i posted:

th_uploadglitch.jpg

you will see that it shows only 1 active torrent.

Due to crappy router/modem i was forced to purchase by ISP i have to keep global under 100 connections so i limit the active torrent to 50 max and global to 90 in order to leave room for both the downloading and the uploading

The upload slots per torrent is currently limited to 2 since this issue started but is usually at 20 since i have a 50k up and 300k down i can usually balance a 3:1 ratio. I'm stocking up for offline tv since i'm going to be moving to new house soon and won't have the wiring/network sorted for a couple months.

Due to the discrepancy in my connection ratio's i also tend to only seed the ones that have few seeds rather then the ones with 1200+ seeds. Put what little i have where its needed if you know what i mean.

th_preferences-Queueing.jpg

That is why this problem is so frustrating. MOST of my "real" upload time is while i'm gaming/watching movies etc and therefore limiting my downstream in torrents which means during 8-10 hours a day my upload is higher then my download. With the issue as it stands I have to completely shut down the torrents while using the net because they are choking the bandwidth entirely either by blocking the upstream or filling the downstream no matter what settings i have the limits at.

The OP has settings with a lot more connections then mine and the same problem ... just with connection speeds i would die for!!

heh

Speed limitation stopped working for both download and upload. I set download speed limit to 3072, but files are being downloaded at 6MB/s speed. The same for upload: I set limit 200, but upload speed goes up to 1.5 MB/s. Holds true for all torrents.

And on that note,

System specs are:

Genuine Win Xp Pro SP3

AMD Phenom Back Quad core 2.6 Ghz

2GB ram

2.3 Tb drivespace

Mad

I have the same issue as well. The up/download rate is extremely high despite my placing restrictions on the rate, causing my computer to lag very badly whenever I use uTorrent. Can this problem be rectified? It is also the newest version of uTorrent that is causing the problem.

I also have the same issue on both the old 3.0 version as well as the latest 3.1.2 version. At first I thought it was a problem with the scheduler, but then noticed that the global throttle wasn't working either.

I noticed that the Upload/Download speeds listed next to the torrents do not match the 'Total' amount that is shown below when adding them up.

I've read through other threads and made sure I have all possible bandwidth restriction checkboxes throughout the settings checked.

I typically let 10-15 torrents seed at a time. Would greatly appreciate a fix for this as I know it used to work on older versions. Running Windows 7 x64.

You have a different definition of active from uTorrent. Show the full torrents list (blot out torrent names only).

My bad .. all these years i thought a queued torrent was inactive....

Amazing what we learn eh??

th_fulllist.jpg

And interestingly enough i found a resolution to my problem... sadly one thats not going to be available to everyone!

Last night after i posted i purchased/downloaded win7 64bit pro and installed it.

After installing uTorrent and manually migrating the torrents from the old boot drive it works perfectly again.

Being the irritated ass that i am i then had to go back to the XP install, completely uninstall uTorrent, clean all references out of registry/program files/etc, rebooted, reinstalled and try again. Just to see if all i needed was a clean install since after all i HAD been updating since 3 years ago and never actually done a clean install since the last time i reinstalled the OS.

Sadly the same issue happened. Global transfer speed caps were completely ignored by the uTorrent program whether i used the quick option in the status bar or the preferences>bandwidth to set the cap.

For me this issue is resolved but it took buying a new OS to do it.

For the rest of you having problems how many of you are running a 32 bit OS on 64 bit core(s)?

since thats the only thing i can think of but after all i'm not a programmer. I'm just a lowly computer tech.

Mad

You have a different definition of active from uTorrent. Show the full torrents list (blot out torrent names only).

For me this issue is resolved but it took buying a new OS to do it.

For the rest of you having problems how many of you are running a 32 bit OS on 64 bit core(s)?

since thats the only thing i can think of but after all i'm not a programmer. I'm just a lowly computer tech.

Mad

Well, I don't suppose that is the cause. I have a 64 bit OS running on a 64 bit core. Well, guess I have to wait for the official solution...... if there is going to be one.

Archived