no inbound connection need help please

samb81

hi i need to know how i fix a network configuration problem on my computer? when im using u torrent the alert at bottom is yellow it says there is a problem with accepting inbound connection it says the same on other torrent sites too im really confused as ive tried everything i can and it still isnt fixed i have asked questions on other sites but got no answers i am new to computers too so dont understand the lingo lol does anyone know what i do to fix this? preferably in plain english so im not even more confused lol! As ive tried to troubleshoot it but says its unable to fix problem aparently its an NAT problem? It takes days to download anything too :(

try this, in settings-connection-listening port, set it to 45682, enable upnp port mapping and nat pmp port mapping, DO NOT enable randomize, on the bit torrent setting enable all except limit local peer bandwidth, set outgoing encrytion protocol to forced and allow incoming legacy connections, remembering to apply on each page as you go through this, do not enable transfer cap on next, now the last and slightly tricky bit, go to advanced at the bottom of the selections on the left click once and in the list see bt allow same ip, set this to true, not sure about win xp, but normally just a double click does the job but you may have to do something else, either way keep it up till it shows on rescreen what you want it to set to, then scroll down about half way and set dht rate to 2, finally scroll down nearly to bottom and set rss update interval to 20, then restart utorrent, dont worry if it says like it normally does (warning do not modify) its only so novices dont balls it up, if your not sure about doing all this then write down the last 3 advanced bits i just mentioned and if you think its gone tits up then you can just reset each of the last 3 bits, the last 3 bits are the only things which are a little tricky, the first things i mentioned are as per normal settings, also i know this is totally nothing to do with any of this but i saw on you tube a way to double your internet speed without any extra cost, significantly on the upload too, very simple, just wrap a second same length of internet wire 3 times round each end of the wire you use to plug in on each end and black tape up the secondary ends you wont be plugging in, as to not have any exposed bits, insulate, so you have a sort of double wire, use as normal with the extra wire just sitting there taped up and it shoud double your speed, no wireless option as far as i can tell yet, anyway i hope ive been of some help, if not it may be a rougter problem or setting, not to complicated though just log in to your rougter and set the port forwarding to accept your ip adress and the port number you use i think, havent done it before just been told by a mate so may be slightly different, anyway try things and see what happens, good luck..

I assume you don't know how to configure your router, so here's a preliminary explanation:

Using a web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari type in the IP address of your router instead of the usual URL. So instead of typing www.utorrent.com, you should type 192.168.1.1 (that's usually the IP address of the router within the local network). A small window will pop up, asking for a user name and a password. Usually the user name is "admin" and the password is "abc123" (without quotation marks "" ). If the IP or the password is wrong, referr to your router's instruction manual.

Now you can try and configure your router following guides on how to set up your router for use with torrents.

Usually, you'll simply have to activate uPnP.

If nothing works, you can always choose to assign a "Static NAT" to your computer.

If you don't know the local IP address of your computer (as you'll have to know it, to assign Static NAT), you should open the Command Prompt (on Windows) or the Terminal (on Mac or Linux) and type "ipconfig" (on Windows, without quotation marks) or "ifconfig" (on Linux/Mac, also without quotation marks).

Usually, devices are attributed an IP address starting with 192.168.1, so that's what you'll be looking for. Ignore the 255.255.255.0, because that's not your local IP.

I hope I could help.

Thanks peeps but still saying i have no remote connection :-( i dnt have my router name and password the book isnt here the only code i have is the one on the router itself but it wont accept that ive just about had enough of this for today lol sorry to be such a pain im no good at this stuff my brain is frazzled thanks for all the advice though x

Archived