Torrents won't load into download window

zorch007

recently had to re-install Utorrent 3.1.2 from version 3.1 after computer crash and when I attempted to download a new torrent I got error message: "It seems like uTorrent is already running but not responding: Please close all uTorrent processes and try again." So, I did Alt-CTRL-Del to bring up Taskmanager and checked under processes, found uTorrent and killed the process. There were not any other processes of uTorrent there. That didn't work. When I got back into uTorrent the same message appeared when I tried to add a torrent download. So, next, I deinstalled uTorrent entirely and went to a website, found version 3.1 again and installed it. When I brought it up it had remembered the four torrents i'd had in the window before eliminating the uTorrent 3.1.2 but I got the same message and couldn't add any new torrents. It's llike there's another "ghost" version of uTorrent hidden in my computer that doesn't show up in Task Manager processes and won't go away. Right now, I have version 3.1.2, it works fine with the four torrents remaining but after they are done, I will have to abandon uTorrent :( for something else unless I can get help to get this solved because I still can't add any new torrents to my download list. AAAAACK!!

I am a newbie, my PC is Acer Aspire model 5534. OS is Win 7 64bit. Antivirus is Avast and have Windows firewall. My proxy is TorrentPrivacy Bittorrent. My ISP does not traffic shape according to the latest Glasnost test. Before this stumble the whole set-up was working super well.

I download to directory c:\downloads and the uTorrent client has been setting modified by Torrent Privacy to kill UDP, DHT and a few other settings. Suggestions please?

Thanks, I downloaded and used Glary Utilities and fixed a bunch of registry errors but the problem is there still. I also did a chkdsk of my C: drive and it was OK. Apparently, the files *.torrent go from the browser to the User\Appdata\Local directory just fine but won't get passed to the uTorrent program. As uTorrent is written in C++, could there be some parameter passing problem? How could it be fixed if so? As an experiment, I installed VUZE and it works fine but one can't use TorrentPrivacy Proxy with VUZE and as I am in the U.S. a proxy or OpenVPN is essential. I also experimented with the latest BitTorrent version and it shows the same problem as uTorrent! My browser is Firefox (latest version) so could THAT be the problem? Should I install a version of uTorrent prior to 3.0? Is the only solution to wipe the hard-drive?

Appreciate all help so far......:(

Ok I got rid of Avast entirely so no sandbox. I also now have no Windows firewall and due to some OX08..........1 error it won't reinstall either. I redownloaded and installed the latest uTorrent without using the TorrentPrivacy proxy. I've also connected direct to the DSL modem and so bypassing the NetGear 49. I've chkdsk'd the C: drive and it's oK. There is plenty of space for new files. When I try to download, the torrentfile now appears in the window and begins to download for about 10 seconds and then halts with the error message: "Access Denied." I also got a couple of messages:" The client is lacking a required privilege."

I suspect something went bad regarding access rights for the download directory, currently the C: root dir.

However, I don't know if that's the issue or what to check..... I am not invoking the uTorrent client as an Administrator but I am the only user so I suppose I get Admin rights automatically. Bottomline: I still can't download a thing even though uploading/seeding is just fine. Suggestions?:/

i suspect you may have to go to user account control from control panel and find and check full permisions for utorrent.. i think you should of kept avast though, you only had to check the box for not using in sandbox and the other to remember your preference, i think, and you really should have a firewall these days too, too much stuff out there to muck up your system and infect it, the message access denied is probably coming from lacking a required privilege, also check properties of the utorrent download folder and if checked then uncheck read only, then make sure in utorrent settings that quing is set to enough for how many downloads your trying to dowload, or more, also as a last resort you could try deleting all torrent plus data then redownloading, if you can still find the torrents you started(tried too) good luck!

Thanks for info, have removed Avast but replaced it with Antivir. Windows firewall won't reinstall for when I try to do it with recommended setting I get an error: OX 80070422 (whatever that means!). I have removed the read-only restriction on the C:\Programs(x86) directory and subfolders. I am still getting errors on the downloads both with and without using Torrent Privacy Proxy. Will try it again and post what I find. Again thanks for helping....:rolleyes:

Archived