DownSort: Automatic Download Extraction

Nav

Thanks for that program. Works extremely well. Only limitation I have found so far is it cannot extract files that are in a folder that has spaces in it. eg.

C:\Downloads\TV Shows\Family Guy

the easy workaround for that is to put a . or an underscore in the folder name

C:\Downloads\TV_Shows\Family.Guy

Now I just need a script that removes the spaces from torrent folders before they finish downloading. Are there any plans to resolve this issue?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for that program. Works extremely well. Only limitation I have found so far is it cannot extract files that are in a folder that has spaces in it. eg.

C:\Downloads\TV Shows\Family Guy

the easy workaround for that is to put a . or an underscore in the folder name

C:\Downloads\TV_Shows\Family.Guy

Now I just need a script that removes the spaces from torrent folders before they finish downloading. Are there any plans to resolve this issue?

I will investigate this issue further and let you know once it has been resolved. I am also working on adding a feature that will give you the option of preventing log files from being generated.

I have a development version currently which will separate movies and tv shows to their own folders - its still work in progress but will release it soon.

Downsort is extracting and putting the files where I want them, BUT it seems to always delete files from the torrent.  Namely the nfo file or something like that.

add the extensions you wish to keep to the settings window and hit save. This will prevent those extensions from being deleted.

Also how do I make it skip the sample folder?

Inorder to skip the sample folder make sure the checkbox for "Remove Sample Directory" is unchecked.

ok remove sample drectory is unchecked. What is happening is that it is taking the sample file and moving the file to where I organize the downsort extracted files. How do I get it to just ignre that file all together so I don't have to recheck the torrent to start it back up?

• 3 weeks later...

Please implement an option to make a sound whenever a torrent is finished. I used the "Run this program when torrent is finished" to play a sound before I found downsort, but can't do that anymore since downsort is used instead.

I imagine a script could trigger both downsort and a sound file, if so please give me pointers on how to write such a script (total noob).

EDIT: If anyone cares - I ended up with a workaround (found here http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1791441&postcount=5.)

Basically you install bill2's process manager http://www.bill2-software.com/processmanager/download-en.shtml and create a rule to launch a program whenever downsort.exe is running. I choose to make a bat file with a simple beep.

Just enabling sound in windows when utorrent makes the popup balloon would have been the easiest way, but for some reason whatever I do I can't get the balloon sound to work, for any program.

So never got a response and hoping you can implement a fix (still same error in new version).

Whenever a new torrent is downloaded it extracts and moves files perfectly. However, it also moves whatever is in the sample folder as well. I don't want to remove the sample folder, I just want it ignored all together. Is there something I am missing?

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but neither the latest stable nor dev build are working for me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of this.

What I'm looking for is for uTorrent to call DownSort on my download torrent files to E:\Torrents, go into the directory for the specific torrent, find the .rar file, extract to J:\TV Shows\<TV Show>\<Season> and leave the original files alone in E:\Torrents for seeding, while the .mkv is in J:\TV Shows for Plex.

The most that I've gotten to work is for DownSort to extract the file in the current directory. It never seems to move anything.

I tested this manually via running DownSort in a command prompt, and passing along an absolute path to a folder containing a TV show such as E:\Torrents\Blue.Bloods.S03E07.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION

• 4 weeks later...

How about an option to manually set the extract location for each label?

This would allow me to extract tv shows to tv show folders, and other things to other folders. I use an RSS feed to automatically grab content and i dont want all my torrents extracted to a single folder.

This way you can have anime in a folder, tv shows in another folder and movies in a different folder, and programs somewhere else based on their label which can be set with utorrent's automatic RSS download feature.

What I want to do is have my tv shows which are downloaded from an RSS feed to automatically extract to a TV show directory, and ignore all other torrents. Right now I still have to manually extract my new tv shows and put them in the right folders manually, and automating this step would make everything fully automatic.

An option to ignore all torrents except those with specific labels would be nice. I don't need this program to extract every single torrent I download, especially since some of them could be very large and take a lot of resources to extract when I'm doing something important.

• 3 months later...
does it work with torrents that has no .RAR file? normal files?

I have to delete sample folders and others files manually

I have released a new build for this over at downsort.com - please download and see if it helps with deleting the sample folder and other files. Also, it will not work with other files other than rar's at this stage, i do plan on implementing other compressed formats, but cannot give an ETA on this - might not actually happen, sorry :(

How about an option to manually set the extract location for each label?

Unfortuantly, I cannot implement this yet - since labels are being used to for other functions currently. Perhaps when I have more spare time later I might be able to implement this.

What I'm looking for is for uTorrent to call DownSort on my download torrent files to E:\Torrents, go into the directory for the specific torrent, find the .rar file, extract to J:\TV Shows\<TV Show>\<Season> and leave the original files alone in E:\Torrents for seeding, while the .mkv is in J:\TV Shows for Plex.

Not too sure why this isn't working for you - I do have a new build which I uploaded to downsort.com which you could try out. Remember to double check your settings in the GUI as some new features were added and the settings file may need to be regenerated in your case. You can automatically regenerate a brand new settings file by deleting your old one and running downsort GUI - i would recommend backing up your extensions and labels though, otherwise you might lose these and have to re -add them.

In utorrent just call downsort.exe and have the %D parameter in there, and in the gui tick organize tv shows and point it to your J:\TV Shows directory, it will take care of the <TV Show>\<Season> bit by itself. Let me know if you still have issues.

So never got a response and hoping you can implement a fix (still same error in new version).

Whenever a new torrent is downloaded it extracts and moves files perfectly. However, it also moves whatever is in the sample folder as well. I don't want to remove the sample folder, I just want it ignored all together. Is there something I am missing?

There is a new build out, you can download it from downsort.com - also if you still have issues let me know and i will PM you for more details regarding the torrent you are using, perhaps there is something weird happening with that particular torrent.

Thanks for the tool. How easy would it be to add the following switches (no new functionality, just splitting the main function):

- Extract but don't delete any files.

- Don't extract but delete files.

Those that use private trackers can then use the first use case when downloads finish and used the second use case when torrents reach Finished (11) state.

Cheers

Thanks for the tool. How easy would it be to add the following switches (no new functionality, just splitting the main function):

- Extract but don't delete any files.

- Don't extract but delete files.

Those that use private trackers can then use the first use case when downloads finish and used the second use case when torrents reach Finished (11) state.

Cheers

The first one is kind of implemented, there is a function which will extract the files but not delete anything...

I will have to look into the second one though

• 2 months later...

Well, it was great, Downsort worked for about 5 torrents. Then it just stopped running when torrents finished. I have tried everything to get it working again. Deleted downsort and replaced it, checked the preferences, uninstalled and re-installed .net 4.0, tried changing my download folder name, nothing seems to work. I don't know what happened. It was great the 5 times that it did work.

Well, it was great, Downsort worked for about 5 torrents. Then it just stopped running when torrents finished. I have tried everything to get it working again. Deleted downsort and replaced it, checked the preferences, uninstalled and re-installed .net 4.0, tried changing my download folder name, nothing seems to work. I don't know what happened. It was great the 5 times that it did work.

Hi, does the log file show any errors / information as to what might have happened?

Also, what operating system / version of utorrent are you using?

Well' date=' it was great, Downsort worked for about 5 torrents. Then it just stopped running when torrents finished. I have tried everything to get it working again. Deleted downsort and replaced it, checked the preferences, uninstalled and re-installed .net 4.0, tried changing my download folder name, nothing seems to work. I don't know what happened. It was great the 5 times that it did work.[/quote']

Hi, does the log file show any errors / information as to what might have happened?

Also, what operating system / version of utorrent are you using?

I am running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium, and uTorrent 2.2.1, but I also tried installing newer versions and had the same problem. I think the problem is that uTorrent isn't running the program as it is supposed to when the torrent finishes, and I can't figure out how to get it working again.:(

If no log file is created then utorrent isnt calling the application, one way to test if the application is working is by opening a command prompt window, drag downsort.exe into it then drag the folder that contains the rar files into the command window and run it that way. If that works then utorrent either cannot run the app due to permissions or it cant find it.

Either way if you want me to have a look at it let me know with a PM

is it possible to get DownSort to move files not in a dir of their own? some of the files i get aren't rar'ed but i still want to be able to automatically move them, if its possible with this program alone that would be awesome :)

• 2 months later...

Archived