Can't connect to trackers, or download .torrent files

Vertimyst

Hi,

I'm having some problems with downloading torrents. First, I'm unable to download .torrent files (or even renamed .txt files from trackers that provide that method). If I try, my browser just times out. This happens with any site, including Ubuntu's torrent. I can download them if I go through a proxy, however.

My main problem is this: I can't connect to trackers. I can only get peers from DHT, and I get 'Connection Timed Out' from the trackers with UDP, and HTTP trackers give me 'No Route to Host' and 'Connection Closed by Peer'. I have my port '13127' forwarded on my router, but it only allows me to do either TCP or UDP for any one port, which should I be using? And could this be my ISP blocking torrent traffic? If so, is there a way for me to get around it (preferably without paying for a VPN or using a slow proxy)?

I should mention this happens with both the latest versions of the Windows and Mac clients, with uTorrent allowed through Windows Firewall (no firewall in OSX). In OSX I also tried Transmission with the same result.

dont quote me on this but id say you should be using the TCP, also in your utorrents protocol encrytion outgoing, try setting it to forced and restarting utorrent, also in your utorrent conection settings is your upnp port mapping and your nat pmp port mapping checked as it should be, try and see if it helps, oh also in the bit torrent part of settings make sure everything is checked except limit local peer bandwidth

Archived