changing clients torrents

morogun

Hey, i recently changed from bit torrent to u torrent, got a little confused so decided to re-do all my .torrents, my question is does this change them or are they still downloadable from before this change, i.e the people downloading from the bit torrent .torrents as apposed to the u torrent .torrents, im asking cos before, i had plenty of peers downloading, now ive changed and remade the .torrents with utorrent theres nil action on the peers, just wondering if i have to re-upload them to mnova, have people been cut off from them or something, Ta for any help..

just a thought but after looking at the migrating facts, it says In µTorrent, click File > Add Torrent (no default save)

Browse your way to the .torrent file you wish to seed and select.

Browse your way to the folder where the files are located and select the folder.

The torrent should appear in the torrent window and load (you will see the % climb up as µTorrent checks the file).

If thats all i have to do then all i have to do is get back the original .torrents i deleted, yes?

so i thought i could just go to the site i uploaded the .torrents to and download the .torrents, move them to the right place and use them for migrating yes? after ive removed the file extensions of 1 on the end, but im still a little confused as it also moves the movie file to outside of its folder, would this not pose a problem to downloaders as the downloading path would of changed? Ta.

so i thought i could just go to the site i uploaded the .torrents to and download the .torrents, move them to the right place and use them for migrating yes?
Save them to somewhere where you know where they are, then follow the migration guide with them.
but im still a little confused as it also moves the movie file to outside of its folder, would this not pose a problem to downloaders as the downloading path would of changed?

As long as it's uTorrent doing the moving, or you tell uTorrent where the files are it doesn't matter.

Archived